Neofinetia on my office windowsill

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

my Neofinetia is behaving well this year. I got it from Hauserman's some years ago and had only ever produced a single spike. This year it has given me 8 spikes!

I don't know what has brought on this floriferousness but hope it has something to do with its new home on my office windowsill.

It still has a long way to go before it looks like something Naoki grew... But for now I am very pleased with the display and scent... And the justification to collect more Neofinetias.

P.S. I am on the hunt for a reasonably priced division of a nice pink cultivar...

Attachments

• 20190719_115716.jpg
    20190719_115716.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 35
Thanks Tom, it has grown well for... I am glad it is now flowering well too!

Abax, it smells great, especially after its morning misting.

Ray, the good growth is in part because of your kelp extract! It does indeed seem to increase the number of growth but I worry it was suppressing flowering? In the previous years I had observed many new growth starting in the bracts and one or two would become flowers. This year I haven't applied any Kelp Extract and all the growths have turned out to be inflorescences. I now wonder if the trick is not to apply Kelp Extract until after flowering else the new growths turn into leaves.

Hello,

my Neofinetia is behaving well this year. I got it from Hauserman's some years ago and had only ever produced a single spike. This year it has given me 8 spikes!

I don't know what has brought on this floriferousness but hope it has something to do with its new home on my office windowsill.

It still has a long way to go before it looks like something Naoki grew... But for now I am very pleased with the display and scent... And the justification to collect more Neofinetias.

P.S. I am on the hunt for a reasonably priced division of a nice pink cultivar...

Hausermann's still has a lot of these -- there's a whole long set of tables covered with hundreds of them all tangled up in one another. But it also has a small section in the aisle-side of that table with some small unnamed pink or reddish flowers. They also have Hsui Jade. I can't remember the pricing on these but I don't think it was more than $20.

Latest posts

Back