Neofinetia Myengwol

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! I've never seen a Neo so intensely colored before.
Is it fragrant? Tell all you know about this one. It's fascinating.

Yes, it's pleasantly fragrant! I have not that much to say... Got this one last year and I grow it with all my other neofs. I grow them intermediate, under T5HO fluos... :)

I don't know the specifics on this one, but I would assume you purchased this from a Korean vendor...perhaps Okheon of Barampung? It's very nice! Most likely this isn't a pure species plant but rather a hybrid containing roughly 75% Neofinetia and 25% Ascocentrum. It's a fine bit of hybridizing which has been done to achieve the look of a Neofinetia whilst introducing the vibrant colors from the Ascocentrum. It's truly remarkable and lovely!

I don't know the specifics on this one, but I would assume you purchased this from a Korean vendor...perhaps Okheon of Barampung? It's very nice! Most likely this isn't a pure species plant but rather a hybrid containing roughly 75% Neofinetia and 25% Ascocentrum. It's a fine bit of hybridizing which has been done to achieve the look of a Neofinetia whilst introducing the vibrant colors from the Ascocentrum. It's truly remarkable and lovely!

Lanmark, I think your speculation is appropriate--I would also guess it is a hybrid. Alot of these hybrids are from Korea. My guess would be a normally red Neo, like Shutennou(?) x Ascocentrum ampullaceum(?). Then that offspring was crossed with another Neofinetia.

This is a lovely flower.

Yep, definitely a hybrid, and I realize all the hybrids even the ones with very obvious flowers are sold as Neofinetia variety in the Far East.

This is very pretty!!!
Is this a division? If so, I'll look for one.

Latest posts

Back