Neofinetia Fujimusune

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neofinetia falcata var. Fujimusume
This variety has long been thought as a hybrid between Neofinetia and another species. The growth habit is quite different than falcata, and the flowers definitely have influence from another species. I suspect it is a hybrid between Neofinetia falcata and Ascocentrum pumilum. Which would make it Ascofinetia Furuse

Neofinetia falcata var. Fujimusume
This variety has long been thought as a hybrid between Neofinetia and another species. The growth habit is quite different than falcata, and the flowers definitely have influence from another species. I suspect it is a hybrid between Neofinetia falcata and Ascocentrum pumilum. Which would make it Ascofinetia Furuse

I am with you. For me it is not a true Neof.

I third that. I have this plant too. It doesn't even flower the same time as the other Neo.

You are correct. This is the hybrid with Asctm. pumilum, registered as Furuse. I was able to find a Japanese website showing this plant as Neo x Asctm. pumilum, which confirmed my suspicion.
You can check out my article in the Aug 2012 issue of Orchids magazine on Neo and its hybrids.
Pete

Latest posts

Back