Neofinetia falcata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PHRAG

Ok, I couldn't resist the tease shots. These should open any minute now...

hisui1.jpg

Hisui (Green Flowers)

kutsuwamushi1.jpg

Kutsuwamushi (White w/ Pink Tips)

And one really early preview...if you look just above that beautiful new root that is coming out, you can see the beginnings of what I think is a spike on this Seikai.

seikai1.jpg

Open Flower Update!

kutsuwamushi2.jpg

This variety has upturned, starry white flowers with pink blushes on all the petal tips and leaves that curve downward ever so gracefully. I was smelling this earlier tonight. Neofinetia is the perfect orchid. If you don't have one in your collection, get one. Seriously.

Zach, you can't go wrong with straight Neofinetia falcata standard form. And they are cheaper than the rare forms so...

1. If you kill it you won't feel so bad. (You won't kill it.)
2. You can get many more mature growths for the same price as a one growth rare form.

I have two standard forms, and they can't be beat in the fragrance department.

PHRAG said:
Zach, you can't go wrong with straight Neofinetia falcata standard form. And they are cheaper than the rare forms so...

1. If you kill it you won't feel so bad. (You won't kill it.)
2. You can get many more mature growths for the same price as a one growth rare form.

I have two standard forms, and they can't be beat in the fragrance department.

Also, it probably helps that I am a samurai.

PHRAG said:
Neofinetia is the perfect orchid. If you don't have one in your collection, get one. Seriously.

Except that it's impossible to only get one :poke: :rollhappy:

Yours are just beautiful!

Jolly Green Giant!

hisui2.jpg

hisui3.jpg

These flowers are the largest I have ever personally seen on a Neo. They are key-lime-pie green with a white lip. They haven't started sending out fragrance yet, but they just bloomed this morning.

Latest posts

Back