Neofinetia falcata ‘Shutennou’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
I really like the color of this variety and the fragrance of all Neof.
Shoutennou.jpg

Thanks Ron.

One of the reasons I initially came to be focussing on only slippers was their shared culture. So, I am learning how to adjust my schedules again. I've been growing a lot longer now (and have many fewer plants) so hopefully I'll be able to handle it. I just tend to mist my Mexis daily and it is slightly tempting to mist the neos at the same time since they live next to them. It will be better when they are all potted in a similar fashion. Right now they're kind of all over the place.

Heather growing orchids has been and is a continuing learning experience for me.
I don't know how many different genera I have in my collection but even in one genus, Dendrobium, there are many different cultural variations.

It's gorgeous! I've wanted a Shutennou for a while, and I literally just ordered one. I'm super excited and can't wait to get it. :D

I just tend to mist my Mexis daily and it is slightly tempting to mist the neos at the same time since they live next to them.

So, you shouldn't mist Neos daily? I grow mine inside my home, so I mist them every morning to help with the humidity. I let the media get dry in between waterings. Should I stop the misting?

Heather, one of the basics of orchid growing is to grow to your strengths, the more the medias and cultural requirements vary the more effort must be made to meet the plants requirements.

Latest posts

Back