Neofinetia f. Kin Ro Kaku in spike

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it is normal for this particular variety blooms this early, but my others are still very low in spike, so it looks like they will flower in their normal season, say, June-July.

So far, still only two more plants showing spikes, Amami Island strain one and Bean Leaf, Tamakongo, which will be my first time seeing this flower! Yay!!! :)

In my experience, variegated plants usually bloom earlier than the non-variegated Furan.

Your plant came from Sacramento, California. I have noticed that some of the plants that I have gotten this past winter from the west coast, have started spiking or growing colorful root tips earlier than my other plants acquired over previous years--those that have acclimated to my environment.

It would be interesting to see if this plant blooms the same time next year.

Once it got dark, the fragrance kicked in.

It is amazing!!! :)

Too bad I can't post it. haha

I can't wait for my neos to start opening up. My whole apartment will smell like neos

Your plant came from Sacramento, California. I have noticed that some of the plants that I have gotten this past winter from the west coast, have started spiking or growing colorful root tips earlier than my other plants acquired over previous years--those that have acclimated to my environment.

Was it the tag? I don't see any other hint of Sacramento.

Marco, it is not on the tag. I know this vendor: insituorchids. He is out of Sacramento, California. I have bought many non-Furan orchids from him. If memory serves, he started selling huge, mounted Furan with long roots and many fans--Amami Furan, about September 2015(?). This plant that is under discussion was one of ten plants available.

Insituorchids only has two auctions going on eBay. But he usually has several dozen different plants available--guess his stock is low?

In my experience, variegated plants usually bloom earlier than the non-variegated Furan.

It would be interesting to see if this plant blooms the same time next year.

Yes, I will find out next year, I guess.
I bought two, and only this one is flowering.
The other one ( had two old dry spikes) shows no signs of spiking but growing many roots. :)

I love this vendor. I didn't buy those large mounted ones because they were mounted. lol

He usually does have lots going, but then takes breaks and then put out a bunch again. I love this guy! Always great plants for good price!

Marco, it is not on the tag. I know this vendor: insituorchids. He is out of Sacramento, California. I have bought many non-Furan orchids from him. If memory serves, he started selling huge, mounted Furan with long roots and many fans--Amami Furan, about September 2015(?). This plant that is under discussion was one of ten plants available.

Insituorchids only has two auctions going on eBay. But he usually has several dozen different plants available--guess his stock is low?

Got it! missed the reference to insitu. But then again i only mentioned the tags because you seem to be particularly keen in the finer details in photos. :poke: I went back and started looking at the photos to see what may have hinted where it was sourced from. I was always a big wheres waldo fan.

I just bought a Neo from In Situ. He's got some nice plants! We had a discussion at the Sac. show about how Tom (KyushuTom) grows his outside. Jeff (I think that's his name?) just started keeping them out year round, as have I, based on our temps here in Sac (like a week below freezing - which I bring them in for, but otherwise out) and Tom's experience in Japan.

His plants are the best! Always super clean healthy looking and often more than single growth.

Yes, neos will fare much better when given cold (not freezing obviously) winter.

So, the flowers are almost spent after only about 10 days.
I know these flowers last barely one to two weeks, but oh, well. :)

Interesting thing is that the color turned buttery yellow in the final two days.
It was quite pretty way to go, I thought. lol

kin_zpsy5zgavuf.jpg

ki_zpsmbgqe5cn.jpg

Cool. I would have demolished that plant in a pot. I will definitely try mounted if In-situ has similar ones to those mentioned above. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back