Neocogniauxia monophylla

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom-DE

Reaction score
Not often found in collection...can be difficult to grow. I/C grower.
This species was found in Jamaica... Initially it was placed in the Pleurothallid group but it is closely related to Laelia.
Plant has very thin canes like Restrepia,~5" tall plant, single 2" flower on a 5"(+) spike. No fragrance.
P1050010.JPG

Attachments

• P1050011.JPG
    P1050011.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Cool. Where’d you get this from?

got it from Andy P. years ago. Now I told you, I have to kill you, do I?:D

PS, if you don't have the condition(cool side of intermediate to cool, high humidity, very good water), I would not recommend it.

Very nice. Great photos too.

I have had Neocogniauxia hexaptera for years. It likes similar conditions, although I do put it outside for the summer and it seems to like that.

Very nice. Great photos too.

I have had Neocogniauxia hexaptera for years. It likes similar conditions, although I do put it outside for the summer and it seems to like that.
I guess you can grow it outdoor in Canada if the humidity is good. I also grew a few hexaptera seedlings before I sold my collection and they were all weaker growers for me.
Please post your N. hexaptera while it is in bloom. We don't see this genus often....

My hexaptera hasn't flowered for a few years. Here are some (not very good) photos of it's most recent blooming.

hex2.jpg
hexaptera2013.jpg

Attachments

• hexaptera2013.jpg
    hexaptera2013.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 2
  • hex2.jpg
    hex2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 2
Back