Neo. Shutennou

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MissMorbus

Uh-oh, looks like I've been bitten by the Neo bug too. My Shutennou from Orchids Limited arrived on Thursday. It was in spike when it arrived. When I looked at it this morning, one of the buds was starting to open! I also have a standard form Neo that I got a couple of months ago, but it hasn't spiked yet, so this is my first blooming Neo! :clap:

neoshutennousm2.jpg

Sorry if the picture looks a little blurry, I was experimenting with my macro lens. I haven't used the macro much, so I had a hard time holding it steady.

neat!
the thing about macro is that it focuses on such a small area that any movement is gonna show. tripods make it a whole lot easier...

nothing sexier than a sweet neo!!!:drool:

The rest of the buds are opened up today! I plan to take a picture when I'm more awake.

I've really liked Neos since the first time I saw a picture of one, but now that I've seen one bloom, I love them that much more. :smitten: (I think that's the Neo sickness talking ;))

Growl! It looks like it's opening it's mouth at us. :)
My Shutennou from OL was just repotted today. It was a tough one, lots of growths sort of all over the place. Not really sure if I did it justice.

lol! It really does look like it's opening it's mouth.

I haven't repotted my Neos yet, but it seems a little intimidating. I was supposed to get the nice moss for Neos with this order, but OL ran out of it. I guess the slippertalk forumites have been buying up all their Neo supplies! :D I have my eye on a couple of Neos from New World Orchids, so I will probably pick up some of their moss when I place my order next month.

neat!
the thing about macro is that it focuses on such a small area that any movement is gonna show. tripods make it a whole lot easier...

Yeah, I really need to get a tripod. Every time I have the money for it, I end up deciding I would rather get more orchids. :evil:

Latest posts

Back