neo. shutennou

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
Another shutennou. This one is from Robert B. who is a member of the forum.

This plant was original sourced from NWO while Dr. Lehr was still at the helm. The other shutennou i posted photos of earlier has very similar blooms. However these are larger as the plant itself is also significantly larger.

Thanks Robert for the wonderful neo.

Cheers!

shutennou (朱天王) 01 - 06.26.16 by Marco, on Flickr

Done with repotting almost all of my neos.

I'm dredging this thread up as a point of reference because the blooms from the first post are from the same plant.

I was holding on repotting this one because it is the largest neo I have and proved to be somewhat difficult to repot. However, it was easier to make the cavity in the center because there was a lot of root.

06.2015 - around the time I purchased it. Around 14 growths?

Shutennou 04 - 06.20.15 by Marco, on Flickr

today - cleaned and ready for repotting. roughly 20+ growths. difficult to count

shutennou (朱天王) 03 - 01.29.17 by Marco, on Flickr

today - freshly repotted

shutennou (朱天王) 02 - 01.29.17 by Marco, on Flickr

Lovely plant! Glenn Lehr always had some good ones. Robert and now you have done right by this one. Well grown! I am in the process of remounding all of mine. It can be a tedious project, but I always find it very rewarding as well. No orchids excite me as much as Neos do.

That looks wonderful!!!

I just bought 4 growth one from Orchid Limited. Their CCM awarded one.
They look rather sad, though with many of the older leaves all prematurely dropped leaving only top three or four leaves on.

Hopefully it will grow and look close to your lush healthy clump in a few years.

Back