neo. shunkyuden

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
One of my favorite oddballs. second and last photo are of the same bloom. there is another spike developing with 4 buds. It would be amazing if all 7 buds were opened at the same time.

shunkyuden (春及殿) 02 - 04.13.17 by Marco, on Flickr

shunkyuden (春及殿) 03 - 04.13.17 by Marco, on Flickr

shunkyuden (春及殿) 04 - 04.13.17 by Marco, on Flickr

shunkyuden (春及殿) 03- 04.26.17 by Marco, on Flickr

shunkyuden (春及殿) 01- 04.26.17 by Marco, on Flickr

shunkyuden (春及殿) 02- 04.26.17 by Marco, on Flickr

Odd looking, but beautiful. I've begun to look forward to
your Neo posts. Keep 'em comin'.

Thanks!

Nice! This one always seems to have such a powerful scent as well.

Mark - Yes they do. But not only that. This variety has significantly bigger blooms than your normal neo and seemingly they take longer to fade.

photo for comparison blooms of shunkyuden compared to takara nishiki

takara nishiki (宝錦) and shunkyuden (春及殿) - 01 - 04.26.17 by Marco, on Flickr

Mine is in bloom now also but your plant is so much nicer than mine.

Linus she usually has auctions every now and then under "japaneseorchids" on eBay. Also she sends out distribution lists on offerings every now and then. Last list was this past march. She also goes to SEPOS every year. I'm trying to make it a point to go the SEPOS show every year. It's the closest to the northeast that she travels.

I have to dig through my emails for her email add. will send it to you tonight.

No special care needed. It is treated like an ordinary neo

Linus she usually has auctions every now and then under "japaneseorchids" on eBay. Also she sends out distribution lists on offerings every now and then. Last list was this past march. She also goes to SEPOS every year. I'm trying to make it a point to go the SEPOS show every year. It's the closest to the northeast that she travels.

I have to dig through my emails for her email add. will send it to you tonight.

No special care needed. It is treated like an ordinary neo

I guess I'll have to go to SEPOS next year!

It doesn't have three spur. One or none usually depending on the bloom, although it could have two or three.
Number of spur is not any characteristics of this variety but the overall flower form with mutated petals and sepals.

I believe the flowers will vary from blooming to blooming although it's stable enough with the "messy" look enough so that you can tell what it is.

I wonder if Marco's plant bloom out consistently with three spurs.

Back