Neo. falcata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I abuse mine. West window. Bake in the summer and get very cold in the winter. Ice sometimes forms on the inside of the window. The fragrance is great from the evening to the early morning.
They say to do this in order to maximize the flower count. Hard winter rest period. I do not currently provide the temp drops in the winter and as a result am relegated to 1-2 random spikes of flowers, not the prolific show of flowers I should be aiming for. I have killed my share of neos keeping them too wet and cold. But maybe I’ll try to cool them down this go around.

My favorite Neo! I can grow 'em, but I never could bloom 'em. The fragrance is
intoxicating, isn't it?
To bloom them ..... They need winter cool dry rest of around 15C (that's night T at minimum, though they can go down to 5C without problems), watering when media is very very dry. In moss, just a light spraying every few days. And sunny too is important for winter. When roots start in spring (Feb-April), start regular watering and the spikes will come.

Back