Neo. falcata Manjushage

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myxodex

Reaction score
Last year the local Korean in London put some manjushage plants on sale. They looked like nice plants, expensive yes, but much cheaper than divisions and I suspected they were seedlings or mericlones. At the same time one of this forum's most effective enablers, Lanmark, posted his plant. I was a bit torn, as I was aware it was a pricey gamble on getting three spurs. Well, I did and it worked out.

This plant is taking so long to open it's flowers that I'm getting a little concerned. The weight of the flowers is bending the flower stalks right over so that the larger buds are pointing straight down.

I'll update this thread when and if the flowers open.

Your gamble paid off!! I've always wanted one, but they are really not often offer for sale!

Can't wait to see all the flowers open :D

This is such a marvelous unique plant. I was able to get one this year too.
Now to get the triple spur PINK!
Pete.

Honestly, sometimes I like buds better than blooms! Love yours! (But please show us photos of the open blooms!)

I love it. At its current stage it reminds me of a miniature version of the plant from the little shop of horrors. I'm sure it will be much prettier when it opens up

First of all congrats on the great plant. I hope that soon I'll have some of my own. Only one question though.

You mention mericlones in your post. Aren't they considered to be a big no-no in the world of Fukiran enthousiasts? I thought I read something about that somewere because of the high chance that even the best mericlone might have some genetic damage. :confused:

Latest posts

Back