Neo. falcalta var. yubae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooby5757

lightly hirsute
Reaction score
I got this at the Longwood show this past year from one of the foreign vendors. When it first opened I was sorely disappointed at the color that was promised in the picture and price. A week later it turned around!
IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

The yellow varieties often open quite pale, then darken with age. Interesting as I get the same thing with hybrids that have Ascocentrum species in the background. Yubae is quite lovely and interesting color variant.

Pete

Allthough I understand that you were dissapointed with the first show because you were expecting something else. But allready on the first shot I think it's lovely. The white flowers with red streaks are awesome.

But then the lively orange of the 2nd shot hit me and my jaw dropped on the floor.

The yellow varieties often open quite pale, then darken with age. Interesting as I get the same thing with hybrids that have Ascocentrum species in the background. Yubae is quite lovely and interesting color variant.

Pete

Many would argue that Yubae likely has some Ascocentrum species somewhere in its background. I'd probably concur. :wink:

I volunteer to adopt this plant from Scooby if he or she happens to be a Neo purist! :p :D :p

Allthough I understand that you were dissapointed with the first show because you were expecting something else. But allready on the first shot I think it's lovely. The white flowers with red streaks are awesome.

But then the lively orange of the 2nd shot hit me and my jaw dropped on the floor.
My sentiments, exactly!

ain't you just the sweetest?
:rollhappy::poke:
He may have to fight me for it...:fight:

Great! I'm finally starting out on Neo's...had one years ago that bloomed easily, then kicked. but I picked up a bunch of variegated and pink flowered clones on ebay for (I think) good prices....here's the latest listed:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/japaneseorchids/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984

This is the same vendor that the Yubae came from. I know Satomi from Seed Engei. They have wonderful plants previously not available in the US!
Pete

Even if it might not be a pure Neofinetia, it sure has beautiful flowers!! Another one on my wish list for sure :)

Latest posts

Back