needs ID

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
First bloom for me and the tag says Paph (primulinum X malipoense). Obviously not. I am a multi floral guy, who can put a proper name on this for me.

PC010038_edited.jpg

You definitely have a hybrid there. The lack of spots on the pouch says one parent is leucochilum, or better known as godefroyae variety leucochilum. The spotting is too fine to be the species, so it is a hybrid.

The finer spotting says concolor or possibly niveum. so you may have (godefroyae var leucochilum x concolor) = Wellesleyanum or you have (niveum x godefroyae var leucochilum) or some more complex cross.

I would keep watering it, a pleasant flower.
Leo

The shape of the pouch clearly says concolor...the rest is debatable...the small spots indicate niveum.....but there could be some other brachy species as well....but my guess is concolor x niveum (I think that's Dr. Jack, but I'm not sure....) Take care, Eric

You definitely have a hybrid there. The lack of spots on the pouch says one parent is leucochilum, or better known as godefroyae variety leucochilum. The spotting is too fine to be the species, so it is a hybrid.

The finer spotting says concolor or possibly niveum. so you may have (godefroyae var leucochilum x concolor) = Wellesleyanum or you have (niveum x godefroyae var leucochilum) or some more complex cross.

I would keep watering it, a pleasant flower.
Leo

I considered Paph Welleslyanum but that cross doesn't have the wave to the petals. I will have to look at the other possibilities.

Latest posts

Back