Need some help finding fine CHC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have a line on where I can buy fine CHC in bulk? My usual source, Kelly's Korner, is sold out on their site and not returning my emails. I checked other sites and found medium CHC, but no fine.

I need 2 cubic feet or a compressed bale.

Thanks!

--Stephen

Better order fast. When they sell out, they are not restocking. I'm ordering a bunch before it's to late.

Are you talking about Roberts Supply? I've found a local garden center that has (or maybe had) large bags of CHC but the price was higher than Roberts on a per cubic foot basis. However, the material is very clean and contains no fibers, just cubes. One size only though, what I would consider small/medium CHC, 3/8-1/2". I've seen a number of hygroponics stores that carry CHC but it seems to be in larger sizes than what I normally use.

I haven't talked to Nancy since our last live Michigan Orchid Society Palm Sunday Show (pre COVID). I used to be able to pre-order and take delivery at the show. It saved quite a bit on shipping charges. Do you know if they're considering retiring or just downsizing. It would be a shame as they are a great source of orchid related materials and relatively close to me here in MI.

Latest posts

Back