Need advice

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a very large healthy paph. Vietnamese. New at this Pham/phrag type of orchid.

Do I split it up? Lots of new growth

Does it flower well? Keep it big, it'll look great.

When repotting a big plant, in a big pot, one problem that can occur is that the interior of the compost may stay too dry. You can take a smaller pot, and invert it in the bottom of the larger to eliminate the dead space in the center; perhaps with extra holes punched in the small pot for extra air.

When repotting a big plant, in a big pot, one problem that can occur is that the interior of the compost may stay too dry. You can take a smaller pot, and invert it in the bottom of the larger to eliminate the dead space in the center; perhaps with extra holes punched in the small pot for extra air.
Ive never had that issue - just the opposite, in fact; the middle of the root mass ends up being too soppy. I avoid that by inverting a net pot in the center of the large flower pot before adding the plant and potting medium.

Ive never had that issue - just the opposite, in fact; the middle of the root mass ends up being too soppy. I avoid that by inverting a net pot in the center of the large flower pot before adding the plant and potting medium.
That's what I meant. Too wet, not too dry.

Latest posts

Back