need advice please

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nenella

I have a couple Paphs (one noid, one paph Jeff Lapoine(Red Glory x Sukhakulii)- both are mottled leaved ones)The Jeff Lapoine I bought at the end of 2006 in flower.... there seems to be nothing 'WRONG 'with it ...but I have noticed 1) hasn't flowered again since...& we are in 2008 now!
2) the space between the leaves seems to be alot longer than all the plants one sees...? The leaves are very nice & turgid....what am I doing wrong if anything?

I repotted it last year into 'fresh mix' (bark, perlite, 'terracotta balls' (sort of Prime Agra equivalent) plus added crushed oyster shell on top; & fertilize weakly weekly..... temps at moment 26°C and light at this moment (mid afternoon & clear) light average is 1000 lux ....
do they need more light ? Is this why its sprouted 'longer' ?won't dare ask when's it going to re flower!!! :)
I will try and post a picture if it works...any input is very welcome as I'm a novice at slippers.....
thanks in advance

Attachments

• PaphJeff Laponte (Red Glory x Sukhkulii) NOV06.jpg
    PaphJeff Laponte (Red Glory x Sukhkulii) NOV06.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 49
They look healthy to me. I think patience is the only thing they need. They may normally be fall bloomers, although plants with sukhakulii can bloom in spring and fall. They will bloom, just give them time.:wink:

It looks pretty good to me. Remember, paphs bloom on mature growths. The new growths might not have been mature enough to bloom on that plant's cycle, so sometimes a year gets skipped.

It looks pretty good to me. Remember, paphs bloom on mature growths. The new growths might not have been mature enough to bloom on that plant's cycle, so sometimes a year gets skipped.

Rose, my thoughts also, I looked at the plant and the growths don't seem o be maturing as you say. There could be a light problem there also.

I'm curious about the buckets you're growing in. Is this a decorative "pot" and you have the plants in another pot inside? Is there drain holes to allow water to flow out? It's also possible that the root system is getting too hot if the steel bucket is exposed to strong sun light for any length of time. How many hours of good sun light does the plants recieve? Elongated growths are usually the result of imbalanced light intensities and duration

^^^exactly what i was thinking. I really hope their is drainage holes in the bottom of that or whatever pot the plant is in. when watering plants should be drenched. not watered in the same fashion as a typical houseplant in a soil type media. also that newer growth on the right may have been grown too darkly or not given enough hours of light a day...

Latest posts

Back