NCOS Show Part 1

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ogecko

The annual show of the National Capital Orchid Society is now in session, if any of you are in driving distance of Washington D.C. you may want to go - it's open tomorrow (Monday, 10/08/2007)! A warning, though: the weather prediction is for temperatures in the low 90's and the room containing the show is hotter!!!

Attached for your viewing are some pictures that I took at the show: they're mediocre (I'm not posting the MANY bad ones!) but I think that they're good enough for general interest. (It's very difficult to take decent pictures in the show, it's in a windowless room and people light their exhibits with a varying number of incandescent lights on poles: not only is it generally dim with a lot of shadows, but the colors vary because people use different types of bulbs. Unless you haul in your own lights et al, it's hit or miss.)

[I didn't know where to post this - there's no "Show" Forum - and I'm too lazy to post the Paph and Phrag pics separately, so...]

Paph (liemianum x vietnamense) Exhibitor-ArbecOrchids

Paph (Red Glory x charlesworthii) Exhibitor-WoodstreamOrchids

Paph Black Lace 'Heaven's Gate' AM-AOS (Rolfei x Sierra Lace) Exhibitor-MarriottOrchids

Paph bougainvilleanum 'Penns Creek' Exhibitor-WoodsteamOrchids

Paph concolor 'Woodstream' HCC-AOS Exhibitor-WoodstreamOrchids

Paph Doll's Kobold (charlesworthii x henryanum) Exhibitor-WoodstreamOrchids

Paph Dream Weaver 'Black Rain' (Rolfei x John Jack) Exhibitor-MarriottOrchids

Paph Elizdrienne (Supersuk x Wellesleyanum) Exhibitor-ArbecOrchids

Paph Frank Hughes 'Tanya' AM-AOS (Rolfei x concolor) Exhibitor-MarriottOrchids

Paph Iantha Stage 'Billy Yum Yum' HCC-AOS (sukhakulii x rothschildianum) Exhibitor-FishingCreekOrchids

NCOS Show Part 2

Paph Ice King 'Cinnamon Spice' (Greyi x Centerstage) Exhibitor-MarriottOrchids

Paph In-Charm Pearl (wenshanense x In-Charm White) Exhibitor-FishingCreekOrchids

Paph Jamie Chantry (Jolly Green Gem x primulinum) Exhibitor-ArbecOrchids

Paph Janet Kunkle (Memoria Allegria Gutierrez x Maudiae) Exhibitor-OwensOrchids

Paph Moussetianum 'Newberry' HCC-AOS (callosum x superbiens) Exhibitor-Carter&HolmesOrchids

Paph NOID Exhibitor-New VisionOrchids

Paph Peacock Dawn 'Dark Galaxy' HCC-AOS (Ruby Peacock x Red Horizon) Exhibitor-MarriottOrchids

Paph Sorcerer's Dream 'Rose Treasure' (Child's Play x malipoense) Exhibitor-MarriottOrchids

Paph Succotash (La Honda x primulinum) Exhibitor SEPennsylvaniaOrchidSociety

Paph White Knight 'Guinevere' AM-AOS (Green Mystery x Skip Bartlett) Exhibitor-MarriottOrchids

:clap: Good job with the photos! Thanks for posting! I kinda like Ice King 'Cinnamon Spice' - good name!

OGecko,

Thanks for the chance to see the Sorcerer's Dream
Totally AWESOME

NCOS Show Part 3

Phrag Appalachian Sunset (Eric Young x caricinum) Exhibitor-WoodstreamOrchids

Phrag Grande 'Longwood Gardens' AM-AOS (caudatum x longifolium) Exhibitor-WoodstreamOrchids

I'm in love -- with Paph. Sorcerer's Dream 'Rose Treasure'!...

me too! must keep telling myself, i don't like hybrids. i don't like hybrids. i don't not like hybrids. okay. fine. i like some hybrids. no, wait a minute. i don't...

You saved the best for last! Nice Grande! I'll get a Doll's Kobold at some point, it's such a cutie!

Russ Vernon's (New Vision) NOID is almost definitely Paph. Angela (niveum X fairrieanum).

-Ernie

Russ Vernon's (New Vision) NOID is almost definitely Paph. Angela (niveum X fairrieanum).

-Ernie

Yes, I also think that it looks like an Angela. Flimsy name tags were used and the tag on this plant slipped down into the foliage when they put a ribbon on it - I didn't want to set off the local Show Police so I just listed it as "NOID".

I love Tanya.
I think I'm going to have to get another paph, even though I swore I wouldn't until the one I have blooms again. It's been 18 months.

Wow, the NOID and the Sorcerer's Dream are fantastic. Hmm, how am I gonna get these?

Angela (the consensus ID for the NOID) is somewhat available, you probably can find one. Based upon the other pictures that I've seen, this one looks pretty typical to me. As for the Sorcerer's Dream, try begging Hadley Cash of Marriott Orchids!

Latest posts

Back