Natural Treatment for Bacterial Infection.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IdahoOrchid said:
This is what I hope for for my plant too. Treated with Phyton 27 then Dragon's Blood several days later.

Here is a picture of it prior to treatment. That is the terminal leaf. Not a good shot of all the damage but it does show what it looks like. I think the spread has stopped. It certainly has not spread much further, if at all.

Hoping, since this is a NBS plant with one mature and a new growth.

Wow, it looks like you might have caught that spot in time since it is not spreading now. You can give it another dose of Dragons Blood for good measure. Make sure to get the Dragons Blood down into the crown even if you have to wash it in with a few drops of water. I think the Dragons Blood may have some systemic qualities but I'm not sure.
Please keep us posted with your results.

mmmmm very interesting thread ! I guess I might be able ti source this product here in Europe , but just in case Lance, do you ship to Europe ?

Lance, I've used your Dragon's Blood on 4 plants so far. One of them was so far gone that nothing could have saved it -- I got my bottle too late for that one. But on the other 3 plants (two phrags and a paph), the rot seems to have stopped. We'll see what happens on these...

So far, I'm quite impressed.

it cured my athletes foot... and the fungus on my back. Thanks Lance!!!

I live in London, ON and have the same problem with my paph. Maudiae which currently has two very healthy blooms. While it is still in bloom, is it safe to treat with"Dragon's Blood" and where can I purchase some?

showme said:
I live in London, ON and have the same problem with my paph. Maudiae which currently has two very healthy blooms. While it is still in bloom, is it safe to treat with"Dragon's Blood" and where can I purchase some?

Dragon's Blood has no ill effect on the plant so no harm in using it while the plant is in bloom. It simply stops the infection immediately. In fact if you see an infection starting you should treat as soon as possible.

You can buy Dragon's Blood from ShopGoneWild.com.

Heather said:
I got to say, I got a plant from Lance that he treated with Dragon's Blood and it's doing mighty well. I think I'm gonna have to order some to keep on hand.

How long is it good for, Lance?

You know no one really knows what the shelf life is. One company in Peru that is promoting it's use told me it would keep for 5 years. I personally have had some for about 3 years and I don't see any deterioration. Basically I think we can assume it will last several years especially for use on plants.

gonewild said:
You know no one really knows what the shelf life is. One company in Peru that is promoting it's use told me it would keep for 5 years. I personally have had some for about 3 years and I don't see any deterioration. Basically I think we can assume it will last several years especially for use on plants.

Thanks.

I like to think I don't have much of an issue with rot.
Especially now that the Phrags are leaving the house in droves. :(

I have the same problem with my paph. maudiae which has two lovely blooms - posted a request for info on this "Dragon's Blood" with no reply yet. I am anxiously waiting for a reply...HELP, anyone!!!

showme said:
I have the same problem with my paph. maudiae which has two lovely blooms - posted a request for info on this "Dragon's Blood" with no reply yet. I am anxiously waiting for a reply...HELP, anyone!!!

I did reply see post #50.
Here it is again...

Dragon's Blood has no ill effect on the plant so no harm in using it while the plant is in bloom. It simply stops the infection immediately. In fact if you see an infection starting you should treat as soon as possible.

You can buy Dragon's Blood from ShopGoneWild.com.

Thanks for the info - I've registered but am having some trouble completing the purchase - will ty later!

showme said:
Thanks for the info - I've registered but am having some trouble completing the purchase - will ty later!

I also had a problem. I had to redo my credit card info several times before it would work. It worked, after several trys with trying both AM Express and
MasterCard.

I can't grow orchids with out Dragons Blood. I had a spot on my kovachi cross...OUCH, several weeks ago. I treated it with Dragons Blood and it stopped the spot from spreading and has now grown 2 more new leaves.

I just placed a repeat order.

Latest posts

Back