National Capital Orchid Show; Feb 15-17,, NEW LOCATION

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Open to the public on Presidents Day weekend

10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Saturday, 15 February

10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Sunday, 16 February

10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday, 17 February

New Location:

Homestead Gardens

743 W Central Ave

Davidsonville, MD, 21035

Once again, the event that all Orchid Lovers in the DC Metro area have been anticipating ~ ~ The National Capital Orchid Society is holding its Annual Show and Sale on February 15 through 17 (Sat. thru Monday, President's Day weekend) at Homestead Gardens, 743 Western Central Ave., Davidsonville, MD 21035.

This is a bit further from the center of the Washington metro area than the show has been in the past. It is approximately a one hour drive from the intersection of I-270 and the DC Beltway.

This event is free to the public. We will have:

• A display area with exhibits from other orchid societies in the mid-Atlantic region. There will be hundreds of blooming plants on display.
  • A vendors area with plants for sale. More information about the vendors is listed below.
  • Tours of the exhibit space.
  • Educational talks on how to grow many of the popular types of orchids in your home.
List of show vendors

There's a kovachii in the NCOS display. My first time seeing one. Very exciting.

Phragkovachii.jpg

That kovachii was gorgeous. I feel like there were a lot of slippers in the displays this year. There was also a Michael Koopowitz with 5 spikes and the longest petals I've ever seen on one. Tried to take a picture, but it came out kinda wonky.IMG-4742.JPG IMG-4733.JPG

Overall, a very good show with some wonderful plants. Walked away with a few new minis from J&L for my vivarium :p.

That kovachii was gorgeous. I feel like there were a lot of slippers in the displays this year. There was also a Michael Koopowitz with 5 spikes and the longest petals I've ever seen on one. Tried to take a picture, but it came out kinda wonky.

I think the MK belongs to Jeff M of CHAOS and my recollection is that he brought it to the 2018 Paph Forum. Unfortunately it looks like the pictures I posted of the 2018 PF are gone.

I think the MK belongs to Jeff M of CHAOS and my recollection is that he brought it to the 2018 Paph Forum. Unfortunately it looks like the pictures I posted of the 2018 PF are gone.

Thanks! Good to know. It's a beauty of a plant. Very well grown.

Jeff grows the most amazingly huge specimen plants. Every show, he stands out with plants so well grown, like this. Kudos, Jeff.

I was looking for another photo on NCOS' FB, and found this exact same MK from 2016 as the all around winner with 5 spikes (maybe more)

Nice! It is a beauty. Those are some LONG petals. I probably just stood there staring at it for like 5 mins... #lifegoals :p

Hi Linus. I'm Deborah Fox. If you make it to the VOS show in Richmond, say hello.

Nice to hear there are other ST members going to Richmond as well! My real name is Cody, if we happen to run into each other :). I'll probably be there for a while Saturday morning.

Nice to hear there are other ST members going to Richmond as well! My real name is Cody, if we happen to run into each other :). I'll probably be there for a while Saturday morning.
Was there all day yesterday and will be there Sunday afternoon, so unfortunately, won't bump into you. It's a beautiful show!! VOS always does a really nice job and great vendors are there.

Was there all day yesterday and will be there Sunday afternoon, so unfortunately, won't bump into you. It's a beautiful show!! VOS always does a really nice job and great vendors are there.

Nice. Hope you enjoyed the show. It was pretty good this year!

Latest posts

Back