Name The Phrag and

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

If you haven't seen my post on Demetria x wallisii, then it's about time you did! This is a Chuck Acker cross, he gave me permission to register it if I would like, so..... help me name the phrag! Here's a few I've come up with -
Demetria's Tresses, Acker's Easter Tresses or Chuck's Slipper Talkin'!
Part 2 - would you use it for breeding? and if so what would you breed it to & why?
It is slow growing, hasn't offered any difficulty and is compact.
FrostiiAddictedPhilipDemX015.jpg
FrostiiAddictedPhilipDemX011.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What fun, and how exciting for you!

Here's my suggestion: Demetria's Ballet Slippers.

I'd try breeding it to schlimii to pink it up some.

that's cute koshki - I like ballet slippers, something that hasn't been used indicated long ribbons! (We certainly wouldn't want to call it Acker's Ballet Slippers now would we?! :eek: Chuck would kill me, that's that last time he'd give anyone permission to name one of his X's! :rollhappy:)
From a breeding standpoint, I'd want to maintain the petal length & the color, keep the compactness but add vigor. Hmmm...

Here's my suggestion: Demetria's Ballet Slippers.
Personaly, I've never liked it when a hybrid name completely encapsulates the name of one of its parents. I can only imagine several years from now, someone is gonna read a broken or partially-legible tag and think it's Demetria itself. But that's just me.

Why not call it Phrag. Slipper Talk?
Let's go all the way then - Slipper Talk.com!

Personaly, I've never liked it when a hybrid name completely encapsulates the name of one of its parents. I can only imagine several years from now, someone is gonna read a broken or partially-legible tag and think it's Demetria itself. But that's just me.
That's OK Nik we still love you! You make a good point but I'm one who likes to be able to identify a cross that way insead of guessing - what is Mem. Chuck Acker? Who the heck has the slightest idea? Even if is comes to a partially legible tag at least half of it is right! The question I asked Chuck was - it was considered wallisii when he made the cross, is it now Demetria x warscew_______ for registration purposes or will the confusing mess continue?

I like that! :clap: I'd love to put that on a tag once I get a division. :drool:

I would use wallisii for registration purposes just for continuity, in case the names ever change again. It would be bad if they were changed again and this cross was thought to originate from what was originally called warscewiczianum.

If you're into current events, you could always call it Phrag. Royal Wedding 'William and Kate'. Or not.

Latest posts

Back