Na na na na na na!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Marco... invite me to your next birthday party :) Those lobster claws look so red, they look as though they're already cooked! How are you seasoning the scallops? Are they going to be served with the main course or as appetizers.. like wrapped in prosciutto?

Despite what that link claims, lobsters die almost instantly if you drop them into a large vat of boiling water. Don't worry about it :)

- Matt

Heather - For 4700 id rather ask the lobsters if they would prefer slow and steamed or quick and boiled and use the case for some serious plants...lol

Matt - Heather sent over a recipe for the scallops wrapped in bacon :), Thanks Heather. I'd invite you guys over but you guys are so far. I think the next ones gonna be within the next month cause my friend can get a sweet deal on a case of 25 for 150 mmmm :D

A belated Happy Birthday-I thought I would get to see you so was waiting.I sure can't match John's Birthday cake so I won't even try.:D :D :D

Heather - the dinner was great. The scallops were fried cause I didn't feel like firing up the grill. And I couldn't find any olive oil so I substituted sesame oil instead. As for the lobster the first 2 I think I over cooked but then figured out the timing the following lobsters :). I will definately order from this place again. But with what Eric M. said I'm going to wait until the maybe the beginning of spring. :) I also picked up some prosciutto and carbonara sauce from a local italian deli/semi butcher which was good but a little thin. I love heavy thick sauce. Maybe I shoulda added some conrstarch or something. Neways, next time I'll try to make it on my own :D

Marco said:
I love heavy thick sauce. Maybe I shoulda added some conrstarch or something. Neways, next time I'll try to make it on my own :D

Don't add cornstarch!!! Make a roux and add that to carbonara if you want it thicker!

roux
n : a mixture of fat and flour heated and used as a basis for
sauces
Definition: A roux is a mixture of butter and flour, cooked until bubbly. It can be browned very deeply, then used as the basis for etouffe and brown sauce. If not browned at all, it is the base of bechamel, veloute, or white sauce. By cooking the flour in the butter, the starch granulesin the flour begin to break. Then when liquid is added, the granules absorb the liquid, thickening the sauce.
________
In classical cuisine, you use roux to make sauces. I use it whenever I thicken a sauce that is non-Asian in origin, or whenever I make a reduction. The only times I use cornstarch is when I do Chinese cooking, but hey, Marco, do whatever you like.

Latest posts

Back