N. Jersey OS Show & Sale Jan 16-18

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tonight I sent a small pre-order list to Ten Shin, mostly paph. micranthum. It's a hike for us but plan on going as long as the weather holds out. I figure one of the three days should be good for travel. Sleeting outside, here at the moment. One never knows what the weather will bring.

The NJ site is showing that they are open at 9 on Friday. Is that just for judging or is the show and sales area open at that time? On another not Mat got back to me within one day so things must be back on track with Ten Shen.

I would love to be there right when they open like I did last time, but this year I will go on sunday since that's the only ride I could find.
Oh, well.. I'm not looking to buy this time anyways, so I'll just enjoy looking at the display tables.

Bob The judging is Friday AM so the sales area will be open 10AM earliest. Maybe a little earlier. you can ask one of the vendors what time they were told.

Carol, if you arfe going to WSO and we are carpooling we should start to make plans. :) Thanks.

i would like to carpool to wso on saturday, i can hold other people's orchids on the way back if necessary but no guarantees that some of them might 'shift allegiances' on the way back ;)

I can meet wherever you would like along the way, split gas and even pay for dessert and the tip if we stop somewhere for lunch/dinner. I don't mind getting an early start

i think when i helped clerk for the judges at last year's njos show, there were so many judges the judging didn't take that long. the aos final judging did take a while afterwards but was in a different area and the show/sales area was then open

OK< I just saw this and will call Charles to see if he wants to ride his bike in earlier and stay over or whatever.. :p

:eek: I think I'd get about 1/4 mile in this weather before I froze and turned around.
You all will be driving right by me so I could meet along the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:eek: I think I'd get about 1/4 mile in this weather before I froze and turned around.
You all will be driving right by me so I could meet along the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charles,

I'm meeting Eric and Neil in Manhattan. Where are you? I can pick you up on the way.

yes, 50 above, then 50 below, then 50 above..... ;)

I live in elmer nj zip is 08318, i'm 20 miles from the delaware memorial bridge, where 295 heads across delaware river to delaware, which is just south of camden and philly sort of. I could meet anywhere in that corridor heading south but I heartily suggest taking 295 around philly anytime instead of I95 because that's a mess around the city and really bumpy besides. Traffic is always slow. Also an alternative route could be to take Rt301 down through delaware and into eastern maryland which is closer to woodstream, taking 295 and this avoids philly and baltimore/dc and though maybe a few minutes longer often removes several other headaches

eric, i'd love to come by for a visit and check out other food places (and to see which orchids are flowering) but since i've moved it's a bit of a drive and in this case the other direction.

hey guys, Troy Meyers just let me know that some seed I sent in to flask from Mike (Stone) here is ready, flasks are ready to ship. The plants are dendrobium falcorostrum and dendrobium nugentii; any interest? If you want to check them out, head to meyers conservatory and look for den falcorostrum and nugentii and my name

Latest posts

Back