Mystic Isle

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
The cross is mostly niveum with a shot of godefroyae.
I have bought a few plants in bloom a few years ago. I liked them all, but only kept two for space limit.
This is my favorite of the bunch.

UvDBYNyl.jpg

I don't grow Brachys and that makes me want to, very nice.

I think you can definitely fit a few in between your multies. They should take pretty much the same culture I would think.
Warmth, humidity, and light. only that these are a lot smaller. :)

Wow, that's a really feast for the eyes, great shape and stance and these reddish spots on white ground are wonderful. When I read the name of the thread didn't expect such a beauty. Congrats

Yeah, this one is extra special with the color and the arrangement of those spots. My other ones had much darker, nearly chocolate colored makrings in the form of dotted lines and spots just like godefroyae. And I like those for different reasons. This one somehow pleases me the most.

Those are just beautiful. Wish they were mine.

I wouldn't mine sharing a piece since this is a nice little clump. The issue is that the growths are very tightly packed in together and I'm afraid any attempt at breaking them apart may result in some major damage on the plant.
Have you chopped up clumps of brachys?? Both of my Mystic Isle are tightly packed little specimen.
I tried once only to end up breaking a couple of leaves off.
The leaves on these plants are nothing like other paphs. Thick and flesh, so they easily break in half instead of getting bent.

I'd soak them good and then swirl them around in a dish pan of water. Then I'd cut using a small set of scissors. Then I'd once again put it into the water and tried to swirl it around a little. Most times with a little tugging they would come apart. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, just wait for when they naturally fall apart next time you repot.

Normally, I am not a fan of bulldogish type paphs. But this one is really nice. It looks so clean and simple.

Marco, with regard to Complex Paphs (bulldog type) I have the same taste.....but this one is far away of bulldog type. Mystic Isle is almost a primary hybrid
Paph. niveum x Paph Greyi (Paph. niveum x Paph. godefroyae). So it's 75% Paph. niveum and 25% Paph. godefroyae. Last but not least not all plants of that cross are such beauties.

I wouldn't mine sharing a piece since this is a nice little clump. The issue is that the growths are very tightly packed in together and I'm afraid any attempt at breaking them apart may result in some major damage on the plant.
Have you chopped up clumps of brachys?? Both of my Mystic Isle are tightly packed little specimen.
I tried once only to end up breaking a couple of leaves off.
The leaves on these plants are nothing like other paphs. Thick and flesh, so they easily break in half instead of getting bent.
I would wait until your plant is more mature and then make a division when sections are easy to pull apart. It's never a good idea to break paphiopedilums into too small pieces.

I think you can definitely fit a few in between your multies. They should take pretty much the same culture I would think.
Warmth, humidity, and light. only that these are a lot smaller. :)

Neat, I seem to have converged upon the same conclusion. My Paph collection is mostly Coryopedilums and Brachypetalums.

Latest posts

Back