Mystery Paph at it again

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.......I think it may be Robinianum (lowii x parishii)? .........
.......It looks like the petals on my unidentified plant aren't long and twisty enough to be Robinianum?

These are very nice flowers with an intense colouration....but in my eyes Paph. Robinianum doesn't really match. Not only the petals don't really match but also the shape of the dorsal and staminode?? Maybe its more than a primary hybrid? The only influence I can see clearly is of Paph. lowii.

Agree. The petals are very wide and short for what you'd expect of a typical Robinianum.
There might be something else involved here. Or, it might be a lowii crossed onto a species from a different subgenera?
I see that one leaf with mottled patterns and wonder if that belongs to this plant??

Just spitballing here since I don't grow many intersectional crosses, but could it be Transdoll x lowii? Having liemianum in it could explain the mottled leaves.

Ok, so the leaves are mottled. The petals are quite wide.
The way the spots are scattered and the web/net patterns on the staminode all look like influence from Sigmatopetalum.
Curtisii, sukhakulii or any Maudaie type hybrid might be in this flower.

Whatever it is, it flowers easily in my conditions. Almost always 3 flowers that last quite a long time-6 to 8 weeks each. I have "wasted" HOURS looking at Paph pictures online trying to figure out what it might be

Latest posts

Back