Mysterious Paph "species" on eBay

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, I had a nearly dead one which looked one time close, but it had only a few growth.

maybe a bad treated one???

It looks like any Brachy that has lost all it's leaves; so, the rhizome has produced a bunch of survival growths that are still very young. If I had an otherwise healthy Brachy and I ripped off all it's leaves, that's what it would look like about 6 months later. A 3 growth division from that plant right now will likely just die. A waste of money, IMO. Plus, it's hardly legal for international sales.

I'm a little confused by the pics. If the seller hasn't seen it flower, I assume we are rolling the dice if it is even a paph at all.

anyone else seen this before?

It looks like any Brachy that has lost all it's leaves; so, the rhizome has produced a bunch of survival growths that are still very young. If I had an otherwise healthy Brachy and I ripped off all it's leaves, that's what it would look like about 6 months later. A 3 growth division from that plant right now will likely just die. A waste of money, IMO. Plus, it's hardly legal for international sales.

I agree... a waste of money...

I was about to post this also. I agree, it just looks like a brachy that lots its main growth. I'll post it on the FB paph forum...Guido and Olaf are on there. Olaf is here...what do you think?

Latest posts

Back