Mystacidium aliceae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
This is a tiny species and it is one of the smallest orchids which I have grown. The diameter of the flower is about 5mm. I got this 2 years ago, and there is one original leaf left, which is bigger. So it is probably still recovering from the import, and it might become bigger. It is from Afri Orchids.
P7147115.jpg
P7147142.jpg
P7147061.jpg

I didn't have enough space, so this one was just in a big rubber maid container with LED shop lights on the top. It is getting moved to a warmer growth tent, but here is the intermediate-cool growth area. I use just natural cooling, if it is too hot (rarely happens around here), I open the window.
_DSC0008.jpg
_DSC0011.jpg
_DSC0009.jpg

This is a tiny species and it is one of the smallest orchids which I have grown. The diameter of the flower is about 5mm. I got this 2 years ago, and there is one original leaf left, which is bigger. So it is probably still recovering from the import, and it might become bigger. It is from Afri Orchids.
View attachment 21697
View attachment 21698
View attachment 21696
Very interesting little plant! It seems to be heading the right way. It probably needs watering each day and, in the Summer, twice: in my experience, that is necessary for miniature monopodials. Wish you success!

Back