My worst cross ever?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
Some of you may know that I have a cross that I have raised (somebody else made it, I just flasked it) that I am reluctant to even consider naming. The second one has bloomed, and it isn't so bad. It isn't so great... For your consideration, Paph. fowlei x Paph. parishii (Tentatively named 'Fowl Ball')

fowlei_x_parishii2.jpg

Here is the first one, for comparison...
fowlii-x-parishii_web.jpg

I actually like the second one! It is much better shaped than the first one. I think some of my crosses have been uglier than that one.....

Robert

You know, I think that the most recently bloomed one is pretty cool :) I really like those long purple petals :)

- Matt

I think you should name the ugly one after that creepy deformed guy in the Goonies that they always kept chained up in the basement

I'm not sure I want to waste the 12 bucks on it (or whatever it costs now...). How about I auction off the rights to name it and give the proceeds to forum? Is there a mechanism for that?

littlefrog said:
I'm not sure I want to waste the 12 bucks on it (or whatever it costs now...). How about I auction off the rights to name it and give the proceeds to forum? Is there a mechanism for that?

Um...sure.
We have a so far small fund for contest prizes and maintenance, through my paypal account and I keep track in quicken.

I did (fowlei x callosum var sublaeve) back in early 1990's, the first to bloom was so bad I composted it. Absolutely wretched cross. On the otherhand (fowlei x wardii) turned out a few nice clones. Also made about the same time.
Leo

Latest posts

Back