My visit of Michel Paul Orchideeën in Aalsmeer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
On friday 31. october, I went on a one-day trip to Aalsmeer in the Netherlands; Aalsmeer is a lovely town, situated in the south of Amsterdam, just eastside to the Schipol airport! I am, or to say it correctly, was a customer of Michel Paul for about 20 years now; Michel, at the age of 78, decided to stop his nursery activity by the end of this year!! He will nevertheless continue his other orchid activities, be it lectures, travels or consulting! So we will have the possibility to meet and listen to him on dutch and international orchid events!

Of course one of my objectives was to do some last ?? shopping ( but one never knows) in Michels nursery, and to spend some nice time with him, his wife, and 2 of his grand-children.

I want to show you some pictures of these lovely people and their plants:

Slippers:

Michel and his grand-daughter:

the young people: Agathe and Louis

and the older ones: Michel and JeanLux

this henry went home with me:

and the spiking sister of this Paph Lochristiense (Paph Harrisianum X hookerae)

I am esp. excited for thes flowers of Paph eliottianum:

Other plants such as spiking Maudiae, callosum, and mature Delrosi, parishii, insigne, Lord Derby, Aladin, as well as phrag schlimii wanted absolutely to keep me company on my way home.

I would like to wish all the best to Leni and Michel Paul, a lot of leasure time for their travels and, above all, a strong health. I am about sure we shall meet somewhere one of these days, Months?! :):):)

Jean

hi,
thank you for sour sharing, can you give me please the Adresse of the Garten

Thanks

Love the spots on the petals of that henry, I would have snatched that one up too! Nice haul!
Sounds like you had a good time, maybe bittersweet? Said to see another one closing down.:(

What does he plan to do with all his plants? I agree that it is sad to see another orchid nursery close -- too bad no one could take over for him.

That's a gorgeous henryanum.

Very nice additions!

I thought eliottianum was an older synonym for rothschildianum, but i don't see any yellow pigment that I would expect to see. Am I crazy?

Very nice additions!

I thought eliottianum was an older synonym for rothschildianum, but i don't see any yellow pigment that I would expect to see. Am I crazy?

this is why I am so eager to see the blooms open :) ! I have found one site (an italian one?) where eliottianum is shown as syn. for adductum, and elliotianum as syn. to rothschildianum !!??? Jean

RIP Michel

I was seriously appalled when on last friday evening, I got the mail message from Leni Paul telling me that her husband Michel Paul had passed away on that friday morning!

As I was referring to in different threads, Michel was one of my main long-time suppliers for orchids. I got to know him in 1989, and since then, I met him almost every year in his Aalsmeer nursery, sometimes twice a year. In fact he was one of those people leading me into this fantastic world of orchids. We had a lot of far going discussions, not only about orchids, because he was a very highly educated personnage able to describe in his enthusiastic manner events and stories from the multitude of people and countries he had met!

His decease is of course a terrifying loss for Leny and her family, but also for all of his friends of the Netherlands and international orchid world!

Rest in peace Michel

Jean

Nice pic's.. I have bought plants from Michel, my self.. always a nice place to buy from and to visit

Latest posts

Back