My two different Paphiopedilum exul clons

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alexis, both are lovely ones but I agree with Leslie, the proportions of the first one looks better and more like I know P. exul.
I'm curious because I visited Cuba several times and travelled almost all regions of the island. Where do you get your plants? Within Cuba I can't imagine any source to buy them. I assume from foreign friends?

Awesome to know they bloom well in Cuba. I like the lighter one.
Thank you Leslie!!!

I'm curious because I visited Cuba several times and travelled almost all regions of the island. Where do you get your plants? Within Cuba I can't imagine any source to buy them. I assume from foreign friends?

Thank you Ozpaph!!!!.

In our clime, P. exul develops perfectly. Many cuban orchids grower have this species in collection (spicerianum as well). It support very well the inclemency of the weather. I think the original plants arived to Cuba by the early 1900 when an orchids society existed.
It has been very difficult for me to get my Paphs plants. Many friends have helped me.
This is a third clon, which shows characteristic from the another posted before.

Attachments

• 20210225_093635.jpg
    20210225_093635.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 7
Here a closer pic.

Attachments

• 20210213_132318.jpg
    20210213_132318.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210213_132558.jpg
    20210213_132558.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 4
Could be possible several exul clons exist in nature?
There are many types of exuls. You can see the range with all the posts here.

Also note that the staminodes can vary slightly, but along with the big lower synsepal that hugs the pouch, mirror image dorsal sepal, thin porrect (forward) petals, spotting on dorsal sepal, warmth tolerance and stiff upright small to medium light green thin leaves, the ID of exul would be positive.

I have never seen so many photos of one species in a few weeks time before, there were hundreds presented, still ongoing from Thai growers,

there are definitely many types

Now one of my exuls with a new bud sharing the same spike with another flower.

Attachments

• IMG_0966.JPG
    IMG_0966.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back