My Trichopilia from Orquideas Tropicales

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1214215

Reaction score
Hi

I while ago I mentioned in another thread I was getting a shipment from Orquideas Tropicales http://www.orquideastropicales.com/

I was asked to post some pictures of the Trichopilia and other plants when they arrived. Here are the pics - T. maculata and T. marginata
P010510_1049.jpg

P010510_104901.jpg

I really recommend this nursery and I am really happy with what I got and the service given.

The first pics are of the whole order. The order was made between 3 people.

Brett

P300410_2127.jpg

P300410_212702.jpg

P010510_0009.jpg

P010510_0010.jpg

P010510_001102.jpg

P010510_0012.jpg

My part of the order
P010510_1037.jpg

Sobralias macrophylla, atropurescens, hellerii
P010510_1041.jpg

Sobralia callosa, Huntleya burtii, new Lophiaris sp
P010510_104303.jpg

Coryanthes panamensis, Sobralia bouchei (Gaspar did not have it, but found it for me)
P010510_1043.jpg

Sobralia labiata (another request he found)
P010510_104203.jpg

Hexisea embricata, Oerstedella psuedoshumanniana, Trichopilia maculata and marginata
P010510_104102.jpg

Here they are all potted up. Now for some TLC and watch them go. Hopefully blooms will not be too far away with some of these plants.

Brett
P020510_185102.jpg

P020510_185103.jpg

Nice! You bought a LOT of plants! :drool: They look very healthy to me. :D I think your toes are happy too! :rollhappy:

Yes, quiet happy toes hahah.. I forgot to edit the pic.

2/3 of the order (in the first pics) belongs to other friends. Mine are the ones on the table.

My wardian case is seriously full now and I need to build a bigger one. Mind you, in the near future, some will end up outdoors. Just too hot where I am now. It will have to wait until I move leter in the year.

Brett

hi NYEric

They are located in Panama and run by Dr. Gaspar Silvera. Nice guy and great communicator. Google him. The species list in downloadable on the website, which will be updated soon too I believe.

I hope they all grow well to Jean. So far, so good. Even a Lepanthes costaricensis that shed all but one leaf (it was made a free plant as a result) is doing well now. A new growth on the way.

Brett

Your plants look great! Looks like they carry a great variety of very cool orchids!!
Happy growing!

Are you starting a nursery in your living room Brett? :rollhappy: Get advice from Eric about growing on couches, stoves, and table tops - he's an expert. :evil:

Lovely group of plants you got there - your wallet must be in flames though. The Sobralias in particular look fantastic!

Yes, quiet happy toes hahah.. I forgot to edit the pic.

2/3 of the order (in the first pics) belongs to other friends. Mine are the ones on the table.

My wardian case is seriously full now and I need to build a bigger one. Mind you, in the near future, some will end up outdoors. Just too hot where I am now. It will have to wait until I move leter in the year.

Brett

Exactly!!!!:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:

Nice plants!

Ramon:)

Hi Everyone

Yeah, they are great plants. This is a first for me to get plants not half swashed.

Yes Tom, I need more space. I seriously want to upgrade to a new larger wardian case and not a fish tank, but it will consume half the remaining space in my living room. Well I am only here for another 6-9 months maximum I guess. Then pack it all up and move. I hope...

The Sobralias were a big want for an age. Sobralia bouchei was one that GAspar specially found for me. Interestingly, the S. callosa are taller byt 10cm than the plants of the same species I have from Japan. I wonder if the blooms will vary.

Actually my end of the order was not all than much even though I was the biggest spender. It was $95 for packing, CITES, and Phyto. $200 for 16Kg of airfreight by KLM via Amsterdam from Panama (the order was split between 4 people). Plants on my side cost US $305.

We paid an agent about $450 for fees, etc... Dont ask me what I think of Thailands new international airport and expect it to be polite.. Seriously dodgy and way many security risks..

All up my split was about $460 for the lot, which I think was good

Brett

Hahah.. I missed these replies.

Eric, I would have bought more if I had space. Yes, my table was fully booked for a while, so it was TV dinners and no guests

Brett

Latest posts

Back