My teensy collection...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisFL

General Disarray
Reaction score
Sorry, no paphs or phrags. ;)

Bulbos:

B. ambrosia
B. fascinator
B. lasiochilum
B. macranthum

Catts:

B. grandiflora 'Nicola'
L. tenebrosa ('Pine Knot' x self)
C. aclandiae sib #1 ('Black Rook' x aclandiae)
C. aclandiae sib #2 ('Black Rook' x aclandiae)
C. intermedia var. aquinii fma. coerulea
C. lawrenceana (Bela Vista's flamea x flamea)
C. lueddemanniana ('Morela' x ('Ingrid' x 'Augusta'))
C. percivaliana ('Summit' x self)
C. schilleriana (Miranda's schilleriana x 'sib select')
C. violacea ('Muse FCC/AOS' x 'Cynthia AM/AOS')
C. walkeriana var. coerulea ('Dona Yolanda' x coerulea)
C. walkeriana var. coerulea
C. walkeriana var. alba ('Walker' x 'Lester')

Dens:

D. jenkinsii

Phals:

P. lueddemanniana

Thanks for peeking!

The size of your collection is not important, it will grow like it has for the rest of us! You have some very nice plants - think quality over quantity!

Me, too Eric. Compact growth, huge flower (relatively), and amazing fragrance. I need to find a var. tipo with strong parentage.

Thanks guys!

Rick: I grow all species mounted. All on cork panels or, believe it or not, 2x4 pieces (they love these). The aclandiae's love horizontal mounts.

NYEric: I'm not a big fan of walkerianas that have the dolosa in the background, like the albas and Limrick. In fact I may trade my one alba seedling as some point.

Cattleya lueddemanniana Oscura x Morala 'bien grandel' x self (just imported/bare root)
Cattleya labiata var. coerulea 'Cuyagua' x 'Ocean Road'
Cattleya labiata var. semi-alba 'Just Right' x 'Bon Dia' BM/JOAS
Cattleya bicolor 'Mendenhall Beta' x self (green, likely 4N)

Last edited:
You definitely need some paphs and phrags. When I first started growing orchids I thought I didn't like them, but then I got a paph, and the rest is history.

Nice collection Chris. I started with a Catt as well from a gardening store in Dawson Creek, BC, Canada. They were getting out of the orchid side of things and I bought it for $20. They didn't even have the full proper name for it. I got it to bloom three years in a row, won a prize in the local flower and garden show and was hooked on orchids ever since. Alas, the Catt died on me but I have since had loads of dendrobiums, an oncidium, several phaleonopsis and a coelogne cristata. I now have two paphs - a maudiae and a St Swithins. The Maudiae is just about ready to bloom so I'll post a pic when it opens.
I would list my whole collection but I don't have the full names of any of them. I'm finally getting a little more serious about tracking them and keeping them in order.

Thanks guys!

Also to add:

Cattleya maxima v. alba x self.
Neofinetia falcata v. Amami Island
Laelia lundii v. alba

...and a newly imported Cattleya violacea. No idea on the parentage, but the pseudobulbs are giant (>12")

Brassia caudata

Bulbophyllum arfakianum
Bulbophyllum fraudulentum
Bulbophyllum lilacinum
Bulbophyllum rufinum
Bulbophyllum santosii
Bulbophyllum tricorne

Dendrobium quadrangulare is on the way.

Alright ChrisFL.......go ahead and list the rest of them.

My 'teensy' collection indeed!

Nice stuff. Now some slippers and you'll really be in business.

Craig

Latest posts

Back