My teensy collection...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up another Cattleya violacea today from Alexis Pardo at Orquidearios Venezolanos. Very miniature cultiver, ~3" leaves and ~6" tall bulbs.

Updated species list.
Brassavola grandiflora
Bulbophyllum alagense v. large
Bulbophyllum alagense v. small
Bulbophyllum ambrosia
Bulbophyllum arfakianum
Bulbophyllum careyanum type
Bulbophyllum elevatopunctatum
Bulbophyllum fraudulentum
Bulbophyllum lasiochilum (red form)
Bulbophyllum lasiochilum (yellow form)
Bulbophyllum lilacinum
Bulbophyllum macranthum
Bulbophyllum maquilingense
Bulbophyllum membranaceum
Bulbophyllum monoliforme
Bulbophyllum odoratissimum
Bulbophyllum orectopetalum
Bulbophyllum plumatum
Bulbophyllum rufinum
Bulbophyllum santosii
Bulbophyllum sessile
Bulbophyllumsp. aff. tixieri
Bulbophyllum tricorne
Bulbophyllum (Mastigion) fascinator (putidum v. fascinator)
Cattleya aclandiae
Cattleya bicolor
Cattleya intermedia
Cattleya labiata
Cattleya lawrenceana
Cattleya lueddemanniana
Cattleya luteola
Cattleya maxima
Cattleya nobilior
Cattleya percivaliana
Cattleya schilleriana
Cattleya skinneri
Cattleya violacea
Cattleya walkeriana
Dendrobium jenkinsii
Dendrobium laevifolium
Dendrobium lichenastrum v. prenticei
Dendrobium quadrangulare
Dendrophylax funalis
Dockrillia rigida
Epigeneium amplum
Harrisella porrecta
Laelia lundii
Laelia tenebrosa
Masdevallia floribunda
Masdevallia infracta
Neofinetia falcata
Phalaenopsis lobbii
Phalaenopsis lueddemanniana
Taeniophyllum biocellatum
Trias intermedia

Look up walkeriana 'Limrick'. It was a semi-alba I believe, really nice. Now all you need are some Paphs and Phrags!
Eric 'Limrick' is an alba. Glen has one in his collection.

Chris, that collection has grown!!
I don't think you would want to see my Bulbo list ;) I think I have reached 150 species

Ron, Limrick is technically a semi-alba, there is lavender in the lip. It's also the most hideous walkeriana I've ever seen. The wide sepals, frilled lip, it's everything a walkeriana should not be. God only knows what species are really in its background.

Ron, I'd love to see the bulbo list. I'm not interested in the 114 cirrho species on it though. ;)

Yup. Sorry Heather. My brain and my checkbook don't understand the fashionable/collectible Neo thing at all.

Ron, Limrick is technically a semi-alba, there is lavender in the lip. It's also the most hideous walkeriana I've ever seen. The wide sepals, frilled lip, it's everything a walkeriana should not be. God only knows what species are really in its background.
A long time ago [1998?], when I started collecting I went to World of Orchids and Kerry's catalog had Catt. walkeriana 'Kenny' and 'Limrick' I think both of the photos were albas. The color of the flower had an almost bluish tint.

Ron, I'd love to see the bulbo list. I'm not interested in the 114 cirrho species on it though. ;)
What's the diff? :confused:

They have messed up the line between Bulbo and Cirrho so much that it is difficult to know which it is anymore.

I'm really hoping you got more than that.

Of course, but those are the only new species I got. I collect walkeriana and nobilior, so I did a lot of speculative seedling buying from Cesar Wenzel and H&R. I'm also a poor grad student on an extremely limited budget.

Latest posts

Back