My small-ish haul from Ottawa show today

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

orchideya

purchases.jpg

Two vanda primary hybrids seedlings from Clouds.
Paph rothschildianum seedling(my first roth, hurray!) from Orchids in Our Tropics. Label says rothschildianum Mont Millais FCC x self. I asked where it came from, they said from Orchid Zone.
Two cattleya species from Ching Hua - porphyroglossa and schilleriana.
Two flasks from Ching Hua Orchids: anitum on the right and superbiens on the left. Tonsum didn't come, I got a refund for it. Anitum is totally overgrown and I can see leaves curling and tourling in the jar:

flasks_closeup.jpg

Thanks for looking.

AWESOME anitum flask. great luck with it.

i am betting that MM x self was actually from Orchid inn. Sam put out flasks about 7 years ago and that's what the plant looks like.

Thank you Justin and Angela!
Possible roth is from Orchid Inn. Last year I bought China Wossner Moon plant from same vendor and it was originated from Sam.
7 years and that small -I got a runt? Oh, well.

Thank you Justin and Angela!
Possible roth is from Orchid Inn. Last year I bought China Wossner Moon plant from same vendor and it was originated from Sam.
7 years and that small -I got a runt? Oh, well.

i wouldn't say it is a runt. is is a medium growing one--middle of the flasklng growth bell curve..

Yep. Already did.
I posted anitum deflasking into separate thread.

And here are the supebiens:

superbiens%2B_in_bowl.jpg

paph_superbiens_seedlings.jpg

superbiens_potted.jpg

I think this one was one of the best flasks I ever deflasked. Let's see how they grow now.

The roth looks a bit too yellow.
7 years out of flask and that small...Oh, my...
What is the average for roth to reach to flowering size from deflasking?

Those little superbiens are already showing cute markings on the leaves. :)

Thank you everybody. Month gone by and seedlings are still alive(even anitums) :)
Happypaphy7 - I don't know. This is my first roth, probably 10 years from blooming :eek:
With all my slow seedlings I should have nicely blooming retirement :clap:

Back