My small collection paphiopedilum Albino Forms

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my want list:

- tigrinum album
- tonsum album
- hangianum album
- stonei album
and this helenae album

helenae album , Popow Nursery Klone

my helenae album

That first helenae is great. It is so green. I always like the green albums better than the yellow or white. Like malipoense album or the green alba cattleyas. I would love a helenae like this. Thanks.

Interesting choice of mount

attachment.cgi

Well, Popow sells them on Ebay. If he has them, they will be arround elsewhere in the United Federation of Planets...

Well, Popow sells them on Ebay. If he has them, they will be arround elsewhere in the United Federation of Planets...

Helenae album is a very difficult plant to buy... It is not rare, in its 4 variants ( green or yellow, and with or without the white margin on the dorsal...), however there are many 'divisions' and 'plants' that have green leaves and are not albino ( like for tranlienianum or tigrinum), so it is always best to buy them in spike or in bloom. Seedlings are fine too, but you need to know which parent has been truly used. It is not because a seedling is sold with a picture of the green type of helenae, or with a picture of a perfect shape helenae that it is really a seedling of that plant...

There are many different selections and qualities, some with perfect shape, some with 'cocker' petals, some huge plants, some very tiny plants ( though the flower size, color, and quality is never related to the size of the plants in helenae). I would say that at least 200 different helenae album have been collected over the years.

Hi Roth,

Thank you very much , for your Information . I have yellow and yellow with the white margin on the dorsal petal . I look for green and green with the white margin on the dorsal petal:D

I have heard that Sun Moon Orchids has a nice clone, unfortunately have no photos seen . Seedling of helenae album grow very very slowly.

I have heard that Sun Moon Orchids has a nice clone, unfortunately have no photos seen . Seedling of helenae album grow very very slowly.

Sun Moon are only traders, they do not grow any plant by themselves, and are absolutely not reliable at all. They sold flasks of paphiopedilum anitum, etc... that were bogus, and much more. In fact they got a lot of bad reputation in the USA when they sold dozens of thousands of sanderianum hybrids ( including to JEM orchids...) that turned out to be all plants of the same hybrid, Toni Semple.

They sold divisions of incredible things, and when they heard the rumor that I have got wentworthianum, they started to sell mastersianum, then bullenianum, under that name. So it is not a 'trader' I would recommend at all...

Back