my reliable charlie

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

2 years in a row , 2 blooms! I got this charlie from Bloomfield in '08, 1gr. + one start, now 6-7 gr.
Paphcharlesworthii002.jpg

last year's blooming
charleyBlmfld005.jpg

We had our orchid show this past weekend and I considered putting it on the sales table, instead I decided to put it in the IOS display -
it took a blue ribbon! :rollhappy:
I have 4 different charlies, 2 nice quality divisions from Ross but until they bloom & if I can bloom them as well as Ross, I'll hold on to Mr. Reliable!

Last years was a bit more colorful, but form is good, and reliable flowering is even better.:clap::clap:

This is such a good compact species, it should be in all collections.

I think its fabulous.
...though I have a strange fondness for the reflexing dorsal on oldies and with that pink/purple I'm pretty much taken by this one!

Very nice Rose. I can't believe you were considering selling it. A good reliable flowering plant is hard to find. I wish I had one.

David

Interesting change in the dorsal color!
Thank goodness! I was really disappointed in the color & somewhat in the form. This year the dorsal seems to be a bit more pinched but the overall flower is larger than last year - growing pains! Worth holding on to, it's not a modern day charley but I think it's becoming a nice representative of what the true species type is.
Goldenrose, I want a division.
That might be a couple of years yet, but I'll keep you in mind and we do seem to run into each other a couple times a year at the IOS shows!

there you go Lars, my intention was to do a full plant shot but the battery pooped out on me earlier.
Paphcharlesworthii001.jpg

Latest posts

Back