my recent conchiferum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
this is my first phrag--a longifolium 'Longfellow' X caricinum. i just got it recent at my April SOOS meeting on sunday just past. it was in a very fine mix of coconut chunks and chopped coir. after that i moved it into s/h for until today... i only see it going dehydrated and getting browned leaf tips... so i moved it into coarse bark mix and sitting it in water. i hope that would be better...

one mature growth with a second one growing at the base, the leaf spans are +/- 15" depending which one i measure. the leafs look great though, love it very much but there is a slight browning...

What could it be causing the browning? is it b/c its sulking the change in home and environment? i've not fertilized this guy since i know its trying to adapt... i know its not the water b/c everyone in SOOS who i spoke with that grows phrags just use the city water and they say itz quite good.

phrag2.jpg

phrag1.jpg

see the bottom leaf is getting a bit wrinkly. im pretty sure itz not rot. both the prior owner and i have planted it quite high up

Last edited:
Does it have live roots? When you unpotted did you wash off the roots? Live ones will be whitish and hairy. No roots then give it shady conditions nad don't over water. It should recover

Rick H

ya it has lots of hard and hairy roots when i upotted it... but not exactly white though... most of them look like my paph roots. so i guess they just got stained over time so they turned from whitish to tan...

well i guess giving it some time and i will tell if it'll be ok. thanks

Back