My Psychopsis papilio!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent plant!
I bought one years ago and it thrived. It acquired a scale infestation, on it only, plants around it never picked them up. I could not get rid of them and culled the plant. A very hard working plant with a large number of always blooming spikes.
I bought another one three years ago and it has not thrived, barely existed would be a better term.
I think some are much easier than others.
Duck
This is my second plant. I lost the first one because it was affected by mMealy.... my eternal enemies.

That is a nicely grown plant, and with 5 spikes. Good job!

I find Psychopsis fairly easy. Thanks for the photos, still a small plant.
Eric, would you please divide your big plant and send me a piece?

I’m told by friends that the bleach treatment I describe for my catts works really well on mealies. You may have to use it more than once.
For those that haven’t read about it, it’s a bucket of water and a tablespoon(15ml) of ordinary bleach.
Dunk the plant, pot and all into the solution for 10 minutes. Then another 10 minutes in clean water. Job done. Cheap and quick and works on nearly all bugs. I use it on my catts. Works on scale. Maybe for more thin leaved genera you would want to experiment with a spare plant or two before using it wholesale.

Back