My Polyanthas in 2016/17

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the moment in flower

Paph stonei

02868_17.08.18_paphi stonei.jpg

and older fotos (but not shown so far) of

Paph rothschildianum

04607_16.06.11_paphi rothschildianum.jpg

04613_16.06.11_paphi rothschildianum.jpg

Paph sanderianum

04682_16.06.11_paphi sanderianum.jpg

04687_16.06.11_paphi sanderianum.jpg

Stunning Rudolf. Flowering the big three multi-floral species in one year makes this a great year for you.

How was the petal length on your sanderianum?

Stunning Rudolf. Flowering the big three multi-floral species in one year makes this a great year for you.

How was the petal length on your sanderianum?

Indeed David, I'm very pleased. I measured the petal lenght but didn't record it. But if I remenber correctly, the lenght was between 70 and 72 cm. I took a foto of the complete flowers, unfortunately it isn't good enough to show it here, sorry.

Beautiful! Are you still growing everything in the mix of Seramis and crushed Hydroleca balls as you used to?

Alex

Beautiful! Are you still growing everything in the mix of Seramis and crushed Hydroleca balls as you used to?
Alex

Indeed, they still are growing in that mix and it works fine with the majority of my Paphis. But to be honest - it isn't a panacea.

Indeed, they still are growing in that mix and it works fine with the majority of my Paphis. But to be honest - it isn't a panacea.

Yes, I grow mainly in Seramis and agree it works better for some than others, although decent for most.

Cheers,

Alex

When you speak about the Seramis mix is it the commercial "Bark Seramis" mix ?

When you speak about the Seramis mix is it the commercial "Bark Seramis" mix ?

No it isn't that one. It's just the common 'Seramis'.
On the one hand this mix wasn't traded when I was in search for an alternative mix and on the other hand I wanted a inert mix without any organic component which would help me to avoid repotting because of decayed potting medium.

Back