My piggie listing of plants I bought today....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I AGREE - will she?

Oh, I'll be listing a couple of plants for auction to support the forum...feel free to bid away. But first they have to be repotted, sprayed for critters-and in some cases bloomed out. It's only fair for me to keep the one I like best:> Heather and Blake spend a lot of $ on this forum and rely on donations to help them out...rather than charging vendors to participate etc. This week will be very busy for me. Local OS auction on Weds. Driving 4 hrs. to pick up brother and family and bringing them to the airport the next day. They're moving to Hawaii again for probably 4 years for the Navy. Sniff..

Oh, I'll be listing a couple of plants for auction to support the forum...feel free to bid away. But first they have to be repotted, sprayed for critters-and in some cases bloomed out. It's only fair for me to keep the one I like best:> Heather and Blake spend a lot of $ on this forum and rely on donations to help them out...rather than charging vendors to participate etc. This week will be very busy for me. Local OS auction on Weds. Driving 4 hrs. to pick up brother and family and bringing them to the airport the next day. They're moving to Hawaii again for probably 4 years for the Navy. Sniff..

I envy their predicament.
Oh, what suffering it is to be forced to live in Hawaii.
I would be so lucky;)

I envy their predicament.
Oh, what suffering it is to be forced to live in Hawaii.
I would be so lucky
Edit/Delete Message

You know there are the obvious pluses about living in Hawaii. But there are some severe negatives as well. They lived there for 4 years already doing another stint at the naval base...The island is horrendously expensive since it's a tourist destination so with Navy pay, you can't afford to do much, let alone eat out.

The most important negative is the school system. It rates the absolute LAST in the nation. Talk about scary. My nephew will be starting 1st grade and my niece will be starting kindergarten in 2 years. so this isn't a great situation to be in.

Lastly, both my nephew and niece are blonde, blonde....like white haired and my brother and wife say they aren't treated too kindly by locals. My brother has dark hair like me, but my sister in law has white blonde hair and since they've lived there for 4 years already I believe them on this.

They actually wanted to go to Germany or Japan for the 4 years that my brother has left. But, they got sent back to Hawaii. They are mainly worried about the school system, and I don't blame them. At least we'll have family to go visit since we enjoy going to Hawaii.

Candace - why would anyone hate you for purchasing such a great collection of plants! Jealous of the ability to make such a vast purchase maybe, but hate???? - Never.
Here I am proud of purchasing two new plants and you can purchase a whole collection at one time - WOW. You bought more in one day than I have in my whole collection so you can colour me green - big time - LOL :D

Woah! :crazy: I looked at this post before and for some reason I missed the shear quantity of purchase power that was excercised! :drool: It's good to finally have a great role model.

and wait what is that I hear you plants saying....

"Hell no! We won't go! Condemned to death in semi-hy-dro!" ;)

Seems to work for you though. Im mystified. :confused:

"Hell no! We won't go! Condemned to death in semi-hy-dro!"

Man, you rock haters sure are a tough crowd:poke: So far, none of them are jumping out of it...when that happens I'll stop using it, I promise.:)

Latest posts

Back