My pictures of the Fascination of Orchids Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

neo-guy

Hi all, below is the link to about 65 pictures of the show. For those that could not make it, it is a nice visual presentation of the displays. You will almost feel like you were there! :rollhappy::rollhappy:
Not too many paphs, but lot's of Cymbidiums, some Neo's, and more.

Enjoy!

Peter

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minicatt/sets/72157603878305422/

(note: you can select detail to see comments, or just click on each thumbnail)

Congratulations, Peter! Your display is ingenious!! Excellent Sl. Minipet 'Flo's Ruby' AM-CCM/AOS, much Sophronitis in it. I adore those mini-cats! Jean

Now darn it. I'm so upset I couldn't make it. My boyfriend had a car emergency and had to use mine to take to work....all weekend.... argh. Congratulations Peter. Things look wonderful! To everyone I hoped to meet... maybe at the next show. :sob:

Wow!!!! Thanks for posting and congratulations for you honors.

I'm snowed in so I just enjoyed your sunshine this morning, all 1,019 of them. I really enjoyed spending time in the sunshine with your flowers. Thanks for making my day beautiful.

Hey Julia, we figured you weren't able to make it. I was helping out at Fred's booth (SV0) on Friday and did meet Peter at 1pm. Unfortunately no one else showed up. Now we know why you weren't able to make it!
Oh well... there will be another show......
Peter.

I grow them in a small greenhouse with temps that range from 85 to 50 degrees at night. The light is moderate and on the low side for Cattleyas.
Most of the minicatts i grow in a bark/diatomite mix. I typically water once a week in winter, twice in summer. Fertilizer is not that consistent, mostly when i remember to do it!
Minicatts are in 4" pots or less.
For any sophronitis and its hybrids, i grow in NZ sphagnum moss. I usually have to repot annually. I also use RO pure water with these.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Peter.

Peter Lin and Peter Cataldo (Neo-guy and Greenpaph) Fred Clarke in background. We missed you Julie and Potteryhead!

PeterandPeter.jpg

Paph St. Swithin
PaphStSwithin.jpg

Masd Peach Fuzzy
MasdPeachFuzzy.jpg

Angraecum luteo-alba (rhodosticta)
Angraecumluteoalbarodosticta.jpg

Unusual species: Robiquetia cerina
Robiquetiacerina.jpg

Paph Fanaticum
PaphFanaticum.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: