My pics of the 2008 Santa Barbara International Orchid Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

neo-guy

These are pictures from the 2008 Santa Barbara International Orchid Show on March 1, 2008. I did not judge the show this year as I decided to judge the San Francisco show which was the same day. (Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so i don't have photos of the show!)

The show was quite crowded so I did not get the shots that I would have gotten if I had been there for judging.
The lighting is also poor so the pictures came out a bit yellow.

The highlight of the show in my opinion was the center display as well as the outstanding display of Laelia anceps from SBOE.

Please enjoy!

http://flickr.com/photos/minicatt/sets/72157604023849507/

thank you for the pretty pict. What a crowd of lovely Laelia anceps!! Looks like great quality blooms are exhibited (even if I am not 'the' Cymbidium lover). Jean

Thanks Ramon! For the slipper lovers, I did try and post some pics of the Paphs. There is a nice display of parvies and brachies from Monsoon Flora. They were set in a mountain like display! There were also some nice P. Ho Chi Min's in the show.
Peter

Nice photos, Peter!

I do love that exhibit!

The orange catt looks like your awarded one!

Thanx for posting. I could almost smell the Dendro. speciosums! I'm starting to 'jones' for an orchid show. I hope Lauris [Cal orchids] brings some nice epi's to the SEPOS show.

WOW - you had your work cut out for you with all those pics! Thanks - good job!

Latest posts

Back