My Phrag kovachii seedlings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nikolaus

Here I want to share with you my PK. I bought them have year ago and they are growing very well, the larger one has a leafspan of 22 cm now, the smaller one of about 17 cm.I keep them in a tray of water about 2-3 cm high all the time, and do moist them often. They are still in the same potting-material, so soon I have to repot them, and I for fortune have hopefully the same mixture here from the vendor I bought the plant. I hardly can wait for it to flower.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb38/Klausroe/SD530285.jpg
Hello from Germany
Nikolaus

Nikolaus said:
Here I want to share with you my PK. I bought them have year ago and they are growing very well, the larger one has a leafspan of 22 cm now, the smaller one of about 17 cm.I keep them in a tray of water about 2-3 cm high all the time, and do moist them often. They are still in the same potting-material, so soon I have to repot them, and I for fortune have hopefully the same mixture here from the vendor I bought the plant. I hardly can wait for it to flower.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb38/Klausroe/SD530285.jpg
Hello from Germany
Nikolaus
Look quite healthy, Nikolaus, I hope I can keep mine alive thru this summer.
If I can not I will give up until more resilient heat tolerant line bred plants available.

Ron-NY said:
Nikolaus...what vendor did you purchase from? The leaf growth pattern just doesn't look like kovachii to me. I hope I am wrong.
I wondered about that, also. Plus the fact that kovachii is a slow grower. But I hope we are wrong.

I have a copy of CITEs here and the german vendor I, have them from bought them from Manuel Arias as it says on the document. And this vendor told me, that he is quite sure it would be real PK
Nikolaus

Nikolaus; what are the 'clonal' names of the parents of your seedlings? I ask this because one of the PK x PK crosses from Manuel Arias turned out to not be kovachii. A mix-up in the lab was the reason given by Manuel.

I asked the german vendor for the clonal names of the PK´s, but didn´t get an answer, I know that they are out of these flasks Arias took to Dijon.
I have heard about these mislabeld PK and asked the vendor about it. He is sure it are true PK´s.
Nikolaus

Nikolaus, What is the size of your pots? Diameter and height?
I am interested to know what percentage of the root area stays saturated with water.
Have you taken the plants out of the pots to look at the roots? It would be interesting to see whether more roots grow above or below the water line.

Hello
the pots are 8 x 8cm and I didn´t take them out of the pot, but I soon need to do so. But what I recognized is, that the new roots are strictly going into the wet media. I have a picture of it.
SD530304.jpg

Nikolaus

Latest posts

Back