My Parade of Paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone. These are from the "north end" of my grow room. I have more coming on the "south end" but they're parvis so you'll have to wait a while longer for them.

Wonderfull display, Lori!

My own personal top-3 is in the following order:
1) tranlienianum - gorgeous flowers and impressively well grown plant. Kudos for culture!
2) glaucophyllum - again the size of the plant really impresses. And you might have a flowering coming on for many moons to come!
3) the fairrie - because it is exactly that!

View attachment 31241
Paph glaucophyllum, venustum, St. Swithin, fairrieanum, tranlienianum, Pinocchio. Sadly St. Swithin became a cat toy a few nights ago but the lowest bloom is still intact.
Naughty cat ! I had my paph Rosy Down dragged out of the pot and on the floor of the greenhouse, but the roots and the plant itself survived.

Wonderfull display, Lori!

My own personal top-3 is in the following order:
1) tranlienianum - gorgeous flowers and impressively well grown plant. Kudos for culture!
2) glaucophyllum - again the size of the plant really impresses. And you might have a flowering coming on for many moons to come!
3) the fairrie - because it is exactly that!
Thank you. Here are some close ups of those blooms just for you!

Attachments

• 37FEAA89-5F60-467B-8F4D-F7FCF2C3E1EB.jpeg
    37FEAA89-5F60-467B-8F4D-F7FCF2C3E1EB.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 52A051A8-2F59-4F7B-92E0-865EBCDBBBB5.jpeg
    52A051A8-2F59-4F7B-92E0-865EBCDBBBB5.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 3C1AA8CE-DAAA-4F21-99FF-7C3B47CEEF57.jpeg
    3C1AA8CE-DAAA-4F21-99FF-7C3B47CEEF57.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 1
Naughty cat ! I had my paph Rosy Down dragged out of the pot and on the floor of the greenhouse, but the roots and the plant itself survived.
Oh dear, poor Rosy Dawn. Do you think maybe kitty thought it needed to be repotted? ;)

View attachment 31241
Paph glaucophyllum, venustum, St. Swithin, fairrieanum, tranlienianum, Pinocchio. Sadly St. Swithin became a cat toy a few nights ago but the lowest bloom is still intact.
Ha ha, I have had that happen to my orchids, Especially my Phrags due to long flexible leaves! Had a few depotting incidents! Had to train the kitten with copious tin foil to stay out of the south window. I also have to keep them far enough off the floor that they can’t be snatched by a long reach

Here are some close ups of those blooms just for you!
Thank you for the close up, Mr. DeMille!

Now I can't rank them, though, the colouring of that fairrie seems just marvelous.

That is not a St Swithin. Looks more like a sanderianum hybrid.

David is right! I have only recently started to dabble very low key in hybrids, but wonders if it per chance could be P. Angel Hair (St.Swithin x sanderianum)?

Thank you for the close up, Mr. DeMille!

Now I can't rank them, though, the colouring of that fairrie seems just marvelous.

David is right! I have only recently started to dabble very low key in hybrids, but wonders if it per chance could be P. Angel Hair (St.Swithin x sanderianum)?

OMG I can't compete with that close up. I've just crawled out of bed and am sitting here clutching a cup of coffee. But at least I've already brushed my hair. Re the sanderianum speculation......hmmm. If you're going by that middle bloom I can assure you it was molested by the cat and had its pouch stretched quite badly. It literally flaps in the breeze now while the lower bloom sits there looking more like a St. Swithin. Who knows though. Here is a close up of that bloom.

Attachments

• A9AC388B-49DB-4EF4-9230-8AFD23A793C7.jpeg
    A9AC388B-49DB-4EF4-9230-8AFD23A793C7.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 5
Oh dear, poor Rosy Dawn. Do you think maybe kitty thought it needed to be repotted? ;)
I forgot to say it was our dog, but to answer your question - no, it was a new purchase and it came bare rooted, so it was just put in the fresh mix.

Latest posts

Back