My Paphiopedilums in 2023

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paph. tranlienianum
This is the first one of this section in flower in 2023. Bought is as a young plant in an eBay auction from Hilmar (Jens, i hope you didn't bid in this auction).
I took the photo one day too early, because the undulatad edges of the dorsal aren't completely developed...but today they are. The flower is nice but the colouration could be a bit more intesive...... maybe next time.

09240_23.01.03_paph_tranlinianum.jpg

Paphiopedilum gratrixianum var. christensonianum
Though the plant is more than strong it took two years until I saw her again in flower. Paph. gratrixianum is an 'oldi but goody' which has its apeal too and therefore I won't miss this plant in my collection.

09850_23.05.12_paph_gratrixianum_var._christensonianum.jpg

Sorry Jens, the in toto photos were to blurred .... I will try it again in the next few days.

Last edited:
Paph. gratrixianum
Though the plant is more than strong it took two years until I saw her again in flower. Paph. gratrixianum is an 'oldi but goody' which has its apeal too and therefore I won't miss this plant in my collection.

09850_23.05.12_paph_gratrixianum.jpg

Sorry Jens, the in toto photos were to blurred .... I will try it again in the next few days.
Nice hat!!

Paph. gratrixianum

09850_23.05.12_paph_gratrixianum.jpg

Pictures like this make me think I don't grow enough unifloral species.

Paphiopedilum gratrixianum var. christensonianum
Though the plant is more than strong it took two years until I saw her again in flower.
Jfyi, Rudolf, the new growths take 2 years to mature, no matter how strong the plant. But your plant looks so very well grown and well nurtured, that in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, you should have new growths annually, and thus secure yourself flowering every year as the growths mature bi-annually! 😉

Oh, did I forget to say, that your flowers are very adorable! 🥰

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back