My paph collection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwillard

Reaction score
Finally got around to write down the names.

Lady Isabel 'bear 3'x prince Edward of York
Gratrixianum
Sierra lace 'whippoorwill' AM/AOS x Gemstone's Randschild Algonquin AM/AOS
Conestoga (concolor 'Sun Freckles x philippinense 'Dale' AM/AOS
parishii x out
kolopakingii 'Riopelle" FCC/AOS x self
stonei "Melancholy' x Penan Pride"
Prince Edward of York (sanderianum #6 x roth.'Hsinton')
hangianum
Mamie Wilson (lowii 'Dragon's Flight'HCC/AOS x primulinum var.purpracsens 'Tall 50')
roth.
sanderianum
exul
haynaldianum
charlesworthii
Memoria Brittany Marie Nowicki
dianthum
Gloria Naugle
Ho Chi Minh
delenatii
wenshanense
fanaticum
Lynleigh Koopowitz
micranthum
Magic lantern
delenatii fma vinicolor (Dunkel)
Dollgoldi
fairrieanum
Hiro Luna (S.gratrix 'Yolk x Bella Lucia 'Big Mother')
emersonii
Odette's Magic
Rolfei (bellatulum x roth)
philippinense var.alba
philippinense '#44' x sanderianum 'PIC 100'
purpuratum
venustum
urbanianum x sib ('Ching-Hau' x C.H.#3')
curtisii
appletonianum var.haianense
vietnamense
charlesworthii x Winston Churchill
Yakushiji (maliopense x wenshanense)
henryanum
spicerianum
Armeni White (delenatii var.dunkel x armeniacum)
Wossner Bellarmi (bellatulum x armeniacum)
armeniacum
Lady Petula
Vanguard (moquettianum x roth.)
Delrosi delenatii 'Pink Giant' x roth. 'King Cobra')

Nice collection! If I remember right, you grow outdoors? What do you do with your plants in the winter?

Thank you Justin!

Ah,pictures...coming soon!

Eric,you mean I am all over the place with my paphs? You are so right.:D Started out with "easy to grow" ones then got some paphtitude and decide to jump ahead,as in,running before I can walk. :)

Adam,I keep all the orchids outdoors during summer months.I have a postage stamp sized greenhouse,today was the last day of their great outdoors. They are now jailed until about mid April.

Eric,you mean I am all over the place with my paphs? You are so right.:D Started out with "easy to grow" ones then got some paphtitude and decide to jump ahead,as in,running before I can walk. :)

Most people start with a favorite type, multis or parvis, or complex, etc., and then branch out.

Thank you Dot and Migrant.

Took the picture of hangianums today,not a good one and leaves looks quite dirty/spotty due to mancozeb.

Due to space problems,paphs will be wintering piggyback.

Yakushiji (maliopense x wenshanense) in bloom

plants look fantastic! however it looks like in the new setup they will drip onto each other? I try to avoid that as for me it usually will cause brown rot for the plants on the bottom

also love the Winston Churchill cross...great color on that one.

Excellent collection! you called my bluff, next question. where did you get the hangianums? Been looking for 1

Thank you eOrchids and Justin.

Justin,

I look for the easy way out of things so I bought whole bunches of garage shelving units that comes with permanently attached clips. With a little help from DH,he altered them to fit onto my stand,now I can unhook the whole shelf and dunk it into heavy duty busboy tray that fits perfectly for watering all the plants at once,I just let them drain for about half hour then clip them back on.

Small pots have to be taken out and watered by hand,they tend to float unless they are fitted tight but then I worry about not getting enough air circulation between them.

Troy,

One of the hangianum came from a ST member,the other one,I got it few years ago as a small seedling from a friend who got it from Orchid Inn. Considering their sizes,both are about the same age.

Thank you eOrchids and Justin.

Justin,

I look for the easy way out of things so I bought whole bunches of garage shelving units that comes with permanently attached clips. With a little help from DH,he altered them to fit onto my stand,now I can unhook the whole shelf and dunk it into heavy duty busboy tray that fits perfectly for watering all the plants at once,I just let them drain for about half hour then clip them back on.

Small pots have to be taken out and watered by hand,they tend to float unless they are fitted tight but then I worry about not getting enough air circulation between them.

sounds good!

Latest posts

Back