My P.dianthum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Ina post in early December 07 I picture my dianthum with a great looking spike...well that I got but only 2 flowers again. The spike shows that extra bit that could produce more flowers but again it will hopefully be on the next flowering. Here is one of the flowers anyway.
index_001-2.jpg

Trade it in for a parishii if you want a higher flower count. :) Nice flower though!

-Ernie

Ernie, I have 2 parishii, they are not big plants but I can wait. I only hope they flower like a friend of mines plants........huge number of flowers and awarded here in Austr'. parishii doesn't appear to be a fast grower or is that just in the seedling size??

Ernie, I have 2 parishii, they are not big plants but I can wait. I only hope they flower like a friend of mines plants........huge number of flowers and awarded here in Austr'. parishii doesn't appear to be a fast grower or is that just in the seedling size??

Once established, they are vigorous.

-Ernie

Has any one flowered or seen many crosses with dianthum of any note.???
I have a cross AnTec made yrs ago, Robinsonianum using dianthum rather then parishii. At the time, the two plants were considered the same just dianthum was a different form of parishii. I'm sure the cross doen't carry the same name now. I have one plant left of this cross and it has never gotten big enough to bloom. Poor growth habits; weak grower, floppy leaves and proned to rot. I had a flask, sold a few and lost most to rot.

PS. can someone help me out with the quotes? How do I give credit to the orginator of a quote?

PS. can someone help me out with the quotes? How do I give credit to the orginator of a quote?
If you click on the "quote" button under and to the right of the box you want to respond to, the attribution magically appears in your message box.

Nice flower -- I agree.

I have a cross AnTec made yrs ago, Robinsonianum using dianthum rather then parishii. At the time, the two plants were considered the same just dianthum was a different form of parishii. I'm sure the cross doen't carry the same name now. I have one plant left of this cross and it has never gotten big enough to bloom. Poor growth habits; weak grower, floppy leaves and proned to rot. I had a flask, sold a few and lost most to rot.

Speaking of rot or damp off, does anyone else have this problem with straight P.dianthum, I do. I lost one plant and one small outcross seedling suffers from damp/wetspots on the area just at the base of the plant.

Trade it in for a parishii if you want a higher flower count. :) Nice flower though!

-Ernie

Know anyone with parishii to trade?

I have a dianthum (that I purchased as a parishii seeding from Oak hill in 2002) just getting ready to bloom. It will only have two flowers too. Apparently, Matt Gore latched into a couple of plants from that same lot. Parishii are pretty hard to come by.

Anyway now that I know I'm dealing with dianthum instead of parsishii, I plan on incorporating a little oyster shell in the mix to see if it picks up its growth rate and vigor.

Latest posts

Back