Quantcast

My P.dianthum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Roy

Reaction score
Ina post in early December 07 I picture my dianthum with a great looking spike...well that I got but only 2 flowers again. The spike shows that extra bit that could produce more flowers but again it will hopefully be on the next flowering. Here is one of the flowers anyway.

E

Ernie

Trade it in for a parishii if you want a higher flower count. :) Nice flower though!

-Ernie

Roy

Reaction score
Ernie, I have 2 parishii, they are not big plants but I can wait. I only hope they flower like a friend of mines plants........huge number of flowers and awarded here in Austr'. parishii doesn't appear to be a fast grower or is that just in the seedling size??

E

Ernie

Ernie, I have 2 parishii, they are not big plants but I can wait. I only hope they flower like a friend of mines plants........huge number of flowers and awarded here in Austr'. parishii doesn't appear to be a fast grower or is that just in the seedling size??
Once established, they are vigorous.

-Ernie

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Has any one flowered or seen many crosses with dianthum of any note.???
I have a cross AnTec made yrs ago, Robinsonianum using dianthum rather then parishii. At the time, the two plants were considered the same just dianthum was a different form of parishii. I'm sure the cross doen't carry the same name now. I have one plant left of this cross and it has never gotten big enough to bloom. Poor growth habits; weak grower, floppy leaves and proned to rot. I had a flask, sold a few and lost most to rot.

PS. can someone help me out with the quotes? How do I give credit to the orginator of a quote?

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
PS. can someone help me out with the quotes? How do I give credit to the orginator of a quote?
If you click on the "quote" button under and to the right of the box you want to respond to, the attribution magically appears in your message box.

Nice flower -- I agree.

TutoPeru

Reaction score
Nice!!! I still have to wait a while for mine to bloom.....

Roy

Reaction score
I have a cross AnTec made yrs ago, Robinsonianum using dianthum rather then parishii. At the time, the two plants were considered the same just dianthum was a different form of parishii. I'm sure the cross doen't carry the same name now. I have one plant left of this cross and it has never gotten big enough to bloom. Poor growth habits; weak grower, floppy leaves and proned to rot. I had a flask, sold a few and lost most to rot.

Speaking of rot or damp off, does anyone else have this problem with straight P.dianthum, I do. I lost one plant and one small outcross seedling suffers from damp/wetspots on the area just at the base of the plant.

Rick

Reaction score
Trade it in for a parishii if you want a higher flower count. :) Nice flower though!

-Ernie
Know anyone with parishii to trade?

I have a dianthum (that I purchased as a parishii seeding from Oak hill in 2002) just getting ready to bloom. It will only have two flowers too. Apparently, Matt Gore latched into a couple of plants from that same lot. Parishii are pretty hard to come by.

Anyway now that I know I'm dealing with dianthum instead of parsishii, I plan on incorporating a little oyster shell in the mix to see if it picks up its growth rate and vigor.

Latest posts