my noid ping

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MoreWater

I have gazillion other things to do, so let me post a pic of my noid ping. (If anyone has thoughts on ID or ancestry, would love to hear.) I got it from a fellow hobby orchid grower. Despite my best efforts, it has quadrupled in size, and gone from a pale green to a deep pink. It's in a glass "vase" with no drainage, and I water it every 10 to 21 days. (Or something like that. Ok, I lied on the flickr page....) I am very very very scared that one day it will just croak, as CP growers say they do. I'm especially scared because I'm sure that things are building up in the mix. (And what's that gooey stuff in the sink hole on the left?)

Anyway, here it is. The green one is Ping. (gracilia x moctozumae).

I've seen a few pink P. moranensis that look like that one. I water mine with tap water and have yet to have a problem as long as it doesn't dry out.

Beautiful pings and enclosure!

Jon

That's a really pretty orchid :poke:

seriously though, the colour on that Ping. is amazing... and how healthy are those moss!

I have one that is dividing itself. I bought it for the express purpose of catching fungus gnats around my orchids. Mine is in constant bloom.

Latest posts

Back