my NOID phragmipedium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prismane

Reaction score
I got this plant last year as a division from a club. It is a division of very old plant and the grower I obtained it from has had it for decades. Grows like a weed. I have my guesses as to what it is but will never know for sure. Enjoy!
20201115_153408 (1).jpg

Are you thinking one of the old schlimii primary hybrids? This example is certainly gorgeous! Thanks to Dr. Goldner and abax, these are becoming my next obsession...

The guy I obtained it from has had it since 1980 and got it as a division. I know it is is a cross with a mix of schlimii and longifolium but as to the specific hybrid it is I don't know and don't have a detailed enough knowledge of phrags to be sure. He seemed to think it was a cardinale (sedenii x schlimii) but I think it is either a sedenii or a phrag Calurum (Sedenii x Longifolium). Anyways it is nice to have an orchid that grows and divides like this one does. I have had fun passing divisions on to friends and novices.

Back